Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods "Effie" a Canadian '27 T roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alanp561, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Strikes me the proportions are wrong. Like above, not my cup of tea, but I like the concept just not the execution. IMHO.

alanp561 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

My impression for what it’s worth is that it’s too long in the nose.
    I can understand the need for it in a T for leg room and the long wheelbase should ride decent but it just doesn’t work in the side view stretched out.
    Like I said for what it’s worth, I didn’t build it.

3. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It would be interesting to know what the car's dimensions and suspension are. The first time I became aware of this car was either in a HAMB thread , an ad or another forum but I am sure it wasn't the moonrckt.com article. Then again, I was sure the car had a 27 trunk and you can see how well my memory is working. A better overall shot of the engine bay with the hood off might explain the extra length. If the carburetor is sitting where it's supposed to be and the radiator cap is sitting on top of the radiator, there's a lot of room between the front of the engine and the radiator.
    When I first saw it, I added up the then asking price which I'm pretty sure was $15,000 US, the cost of traveling to Alberta from E. Tennessee and back, customs fees and taxes, etc. What I really wanted to do was fly in and drive it home with my youngest grandson. Unfortunately, it wasn't doable at the time but it would have been a heck of a trip.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    Stogy, Blue One and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. 05snopro440

05snopro440

I've seen the car for sale for several years on and off, but don't recall it ever being that cheap. I've seen the car at several local shows over a number of years. In person it's really a cool car. The proportions aren't for me but they definitely give you that old timey race car feel.

Stogy, alanp561 and loudbang like this.
  5. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

Tractor grills seem quite popular up this way.

Stogy likes this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

An update on the car from a couple of car shows I attended this summer.
    The car was sold to a local guy here who was making payments on it to the owner.
    Someone he obviously knew and trusted
    I saw it rolling down the road this fall near where I live and it was apparent that he had changed the grill and it appeared to have a model T shell on it now as well as running without the hood.
    I only got a brief glimpse of it in my mirrors approaching from the rear before he turned off.

I’ll watch this coming summer and snap a few pictures.

Stogy and alanp561 like this.
  7. Illustrious Hector

Illustrious Hector

What engine is lurking beneath that really long hood?

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

SBC.