Register now to get rid of these ads!

How ya got on the HAMB!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53burb, Aug 22, 2006.

1. diggers4life

diggers4life

The guy in the bib overalls told me about it at the 2005 NSRA Rocky Mountian Nationals. I've been a lurker up until recently. I still have his business card, but I dont know what his user name is. He was probably the nicest guy i ran into at the whole event.

Brian

Attached Files:

2. Stevie D

Stevie D

Some old son of a bitch named BobK at Back to The 50's.So it's his fault

3. 5window

5window

I was on Hotrodders.com working along a chassis thread and ran across a reference to the HAMB-searched it out and couldn't leave.

4. jerry

jerry

Originally founfd my way here from the old PRIMER board.

jerry

5. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

I wound up lurking here from searching for hot rod pics on google and from the drama at volksrods.com

6. butch27

butch27

It was a dark and stormy night-----OOPs. wrong story.

7. injectedA

injectedA

was a Nitronic Research (R.I.P. 1995-2003) freak and I have found there are quite a few here. Use to dream that we could all come together and there would be FED's, FC's and Fuel Altereds all over the states again...even with a sanctioning body LOLOLOL yeah that cracks me up. Fuck, we couldn't even keep a site together with the infighting and bullshit and I don't blame him. Some will know of what I speak of. COLE was awesome!!! and one of the more beautiful souls I have met because of this thing we LOVE. Hell, he put me on a the cd :) Still miss a lot of the folks, sadly some I learned a lot from have since moved on upstairs. We were able to bring a lot of racers together for the Heartland Hot Rod Reunion Races at Noble. More than the races themselves? I can still see Mousie's Dodge pu and the Winged Express under the lights of the hotel parking lot. WOW...just sitting there, bugs and all. And the stories from T.C., Buggs, Travis, Honky Cat, Ed, Bobby, Vance, Prof. Ginz, many others, and man oh man Big Gene? well, priceless. Flatheads? spend a few hours with Bob "Whitey" McDonald and Bud and Shane Lee. and hmm hmm hmm...Dawn before she was Mazi, HOT!!! I mean then she got married :) google search for their pictures.

oh yeah!!! why I'm here. Well as a drag/street racer (at the time)/hot rod guy you search for other avenues, found the RRT I think? and was the same thing, bad blood and going to hell. Some how heard there was this site starting up (and I seem to remember names for this site being tossed about?) and found my way here. And as has been said, I miss the early days also. But. Change is good. I lurk mostly now, because of the job hours, travel and lack of work on my personal stuff.

8. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i WAS LOOKING FOR A NOSTALGIA RACE AND CARL AT MOKAN TOLD ME ABOUT THESE WIERD GUYS THAT RENT THE TRACK , WELL HERE i AM.........

9. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

My brother was surfing the net on company time and found my car on the net (the Glasser Gasser 54 Ford). There was some love and some hate and he was amused enough to send me a link. Then I found out the Django was on the board and I joined in an effort of mutually assured destruction that if he ever posted pictures of my mullet, I'd do the same to him.

10. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

I think all the english guys are going to be impressed that Prince Charles (HRH) is a hamber.

If I see any slammed bentleys I'll know its him...

11. mackster

mackster

It was funny, how it happened I use to google every question I had until I noticed that every hot rod question answer came from the jalopy journal website, I lurhed around for a while and then I fell in love. . . end of story.
    It feels like love cuz i am getting screwed wit heverything I do to my desoto. such a pain and no more fun!!!!!

12. Gumpa

Gumpa

I was trying to find parts for the Dodge and ended up here and finally tried to post and had to join first so now I am hooked and can't get enough (even the abuse) from all the guys. I really feel like I belong here. Gumpa

13. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I was trying to find a cure for my disease, I have Huge Ass Man Boobs, I still have them but I feel better about myself after reading about you guys.

14. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i was looking up stuff for 53 fords and the hamb came up...

15. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

I've always wanted to get into hot rods. I've always loved rock-a-billy and honky tonk music. I finally had a good job at the same time and had started to think seriously about getting a project car a "50's" car etc.

There is a joint down here in Texas called the Continental Club..maybe you heard of it. They opened one in Houston. I was on their web site, saw a link to the Jalopy Journal and it all clicked and fell into place and now I'm dreaming day an night about obsolete car parts, and lamenting all the time I wasted in college when I could have been learning things like welding, body work, and how to use a timing light...

16. What's KNUX?

17. wanna-b

wanna-b

It's a funny thing. I found a link to last year's Hunnert Car Pileup on the Chicago Rockabilly board, found teh Chrome Czar's forums and Django mentioned the HAMB and had a link to something or other.

Now I lurk here from time to time.

18. DiceKitten

DiceKitten

I found 5yrs ago bout ya guys from Slammer who owns WorldWideRetro.com
    Heck Ross Auto speaks highly of you guys, so why the hell not learn something from the Hamb instead of shopping for makeup on the net?
    Heather

19. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i kept reading "theres a guy over on the hamb that built one of those" and " the hambs got a good classified section" so i did a search.
    btw, this place moves wicked fast! i post new topics and in no less than 5 minits, its alreddy pushed back to the 3rd page with no posts ahahaha

20. pikesan99

pikesan99

Jerry told me about it at a Phoenix Area show. Since then I'm hooked. I still see Jerry bright and early at every swap I go to!
    Thanks Jerry!

21. VonXulu

VonXulu
    from Ventura Ca

I was told by my buds, 215 Slowpoke, 390Kid and Skratch. I was still doing shit the hardway "trial and error". This place has definitely made things easier for me. Thanks guys!

22. when i bought my 64 Ford i started doing doing searches pertaining to hot rodding and customizing classic cars. I ended up hitting the HAMB and just started reading. The sort of stuff i saw and the general tech and knowledge floating around sealed the deal. I then became a changed a man...

23. I happened across it looking for a picture of the Rouchonnet 3 window.

'Bout fell off my chair when I saw some of the answers to FSQs from FNGs.

Help out when I can, talk shit when I can't....

24. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

Same here, and we live over 900 miles apart. Damn that Lurker Mick, now I can't get anything accomplished because of this "sickness" he inflicted me with!:)

-Ryan

25. I don't remember! I was probably drunk.

CR

26. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

Was searching for help with old ford parts and stumbled on it.

27. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I found Ruffrodders.com in a mag. Joined there and people were talking about a hamb, so I did a quick yahoo search and found it.

No lurking, just jumped right in, both guns blazin'.

28. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

I knew about the Jalopy Journal website, even had it saved, but had only visited 1 or 2 times. Visited kinda randomly (was checking links saved in my list & erasing ones that didn't work anymore) cruised around for a bit and clicked on the HAMB link. Alas, here I am :D

29. the milwaukee CHEATERS did it to me,,,,,

30. old beet

old beet

All of them??..........OLDBEET