Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1940 Ford Pickup restoration

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by zoomo, Dec 20, 2021.

1. zoomo

zoomo

Hello all, it's been a while since i've stopped by. I apologize for my absence but life is busy sometimes.

To get to the point, I am starting a restoration on a 1940 Ford pickup at work. We have very few parts for the truck, and I'm quickly finding that the pickup parts seem to be difficult to locate. The person I'm doing the truck for probably has a dozen 40 ford parts Cars, but only a single pickup.

I was hoping some of you folks here could educate me on which parts are the same as the cars. Also any recommended people to deal with for parts.

Any description you can give to help me understand the differences between the deluxe and standard cars is helpful as well.

Here is a short list of the type of things I'm looking for:

Door latches

Door handles

Window regulators

Shocks ( original style, or may consider updating these if suggested)

Front grill

I'm sure there are more hard to find parts I'm forgetting but these are the things I'm currently stressed about locating.

Thanks as always for your help guys, I love this place, and use it for information almost daily.

2. [​IMG]

Buy this, it will tell you everything.

When you know what you want, put an ad here in the classifieds and over on the Fordbarn.;)

lothiandon1940 and olscrounger like this.
  3. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Head over to FordBarn and check classifieds for fella in Delaware. He has plenty of 40 p/u stuff.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

4. phoneman

phoneman
    from Missouri

1940 ford standard grill is the same as pickup. Hood and front fenders are specific to pickup.

5. X38 likes this.
  6. zoomo

zoomo

Thanks for the tips guys. I have ordered both the books you suggested and set up an account on FordBarn! Found some of the stuff I couldn't locate from a member here already :)

pprather likes this.
  7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hamtown Al likes this.
  8. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Window regulators are almost un-obtainium. there are some old repair kits for the crank pinion gear that are worth using otherwise noda.

9. 1947coupe

1947coupe

Try regulator Roy in the states, he may be able to help, also having just finished my 40 pu , hood release handles and door latches are hard to come by, there are a few hood ornaments around, grilles are another issue.