Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods WTH is this? '27 Pontiac Boat Tail?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bulletpruf, Dec 11, 2021.

1. dwollam

dwollam

Yep, that's the Hudson models I was thinking of!

Dave

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  2. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, that thing's right up my alley. Has the makings of something really cool and different. As others have said, the trick will be grafting in some kind of faring and rear fenders to hide the prominent rear springs. My speedster was found with something like that, using old m/c sidecar fenders (which had been removed when this picture was taken).
    roadster3.jpg
    As for value, I agree with @Jalopy Joker, somewhere around $1,000. Maybe more because it has a title. But that car is a one-off, and isn't something you buy for value--you buy it because you love it and have a vision for it. So even if you pay more, it's money well spent.

3. Very interesting hodge-podge of parts (too bad the name's already been taken here on the HAMB :D)- those are '28 Chevrolet headlights and crossbar.

4. alchemy

alchemy

That car is a '27 Bitza. Could be really neat when done, but as said, for sure needs some more size-appropriate axles and drivetrain.

5. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

I am about 75 miles away and just happen to have a Pontiac straight 8 with hydromatic transmission sitting in my shop. It was running when I pulled it out of a parts car I bought.

41 GMC K-18, kidcampbell71 and ClarkH like this.
  6. 1952henry

1952henry

Rather cool looking. Appears to be an Eaton rear axle, 50s-60s chebby 3/4 ton. I see front has lever shocks.