Register now to get rid of these ads!

I finally have it on the road....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom Chief, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

This year has been a pretty hectic year as most people have. Unfortunately, my wife hasn't been feeling the best of health for the past few months (more like 5-8) so my car show appearances and committments have been cut to pretty much none. I know a few people have thought I have dissappeared but I have just had to take care of some life issues before I can play. I am scared to say this but I think they finally know what is wrong and she will be back to "normal" in the next few months. Hopefully it is nothing more. At least that is a good thing.

Anyway enough with the sob story. I have been working here and there on stuff for a bit just trying to keep my sanity and emotions up. I'd hate to seem down about stuff during this time. Today I finally got to drive something that I have been slowly playing with for some time. It still sits like a 4x4 but hopefully I can change that soon. It is a 53 Olds that I have had stashed for a bit. Put on a new carb, wheel bearings, alt, and some other do-dads and it is a blast. Lit the tires up and feels great. Sounds great with flowmasters. It looks awesome with the OG paint burnt off. I have to get the exhaust to exit the back and not the redneck dump behing the rear tires, to adjust the trans linkage a bit and get a pair of valve cover gaskets but it was a great feeling. Anyway, Here it is.

To people I have had commitments to I am sorry. I hope to see you soon. At least you have some type of explaination. Later HAMBERS

Larry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 53chevy

53chevy

She looks good! dropping it to the ground a lil more is always a good thing. Good luck with your car and wife's health.

Ken

[/quote=Kustom Chief]This year has been a pretty hectic year as most people have. Unfortunately, my wife hasn't been feeling the best of health for the past few months (more like 5-8) so my car show appearances and committments have been cut to pretty much none. I know a few people have thought I have dissappeared but I have just had to take care of some life issues before I can play. I am scared to say this but I think they finally know what is wrong and she will be back to "normal" in the next few months. Hopefully it is nothing more. At least that is a good thing.

Anyway enough with the sob story. I have been working here and there on stuff for a bit just trying to keep my sanity and emotions up. I'd hate to seem down about stuff during this time. Today I finally got to drive something that I have been slowly playing with for some time. It still sits like a 4x4 but hopefully I can change that soon. It is a 53 Olds that I have had stashed for a bit. Put on a new carb, wheel bearings, alt, and some other do-dads and it is a blast. Lit the tires up and feels great. Sounds great with flowmasters. It looks awesome with the OG paint burnt off. I have to get the exhaust to exit the back and not the redneck dump behing the rear tires, to adjust the trans linkage a bit and get a pair of valve cover gaskets but it was a great feeling. Anyway, Here it is.

To people I have had commitments to I am sorry. I hope to see you soon. At least you have some type of explaination. Later HAMBERS

Larry

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/quote]

3. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Looks pretty good so far...lowered, satin black and polished chrome would help it...but having a running project is more than I have!!

Dave

4. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Looks really awesome Larry.Good luck with it!

5. Larry, that car looks really good. I had ideas at one time of using those turn signals on my mn merc..still might.

find those taillights yet?

good luck with your wife, hope things go well.

tok

6. Machobuck

Machobuck

I like it alot...good luck

7. Jbirds51

Jbirds51
    from Sac ca

I like your ride man!Beautiful!Do you have any extra grille parts you may be interested in sellin by chance?

8. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Thanks for all the nice comments. I don't have another grill although it came with a ton of other stuff. Hopefull I will be able to tackle a few things in the next few weeks and get a better attitude than the 4x4 look.

Larry

9. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

with a name like "Kustom Chief" i was expecting a Pontiac! :D
    the TV linkage adjustment is crucial if you want that Hydra-matic to work right.
    see if you can find an old-time trans guy to do a band adjustment for you.