Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1962 Pontiac Parisienne (Canadian) hood hinges?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old-Soul, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Gotta pick the knowledge of the collective brain trust here on a question I am trying to answer for my customer.

He has a1962 Parisienne (Canadian build) that he requires new hood hinges for. Seeing as our Pontiacs are mostly just Chevs with extra chrome, I was working under the assumption that the hinges would be the same as say the same year belair or impala etc however now that I have pulled the books off the shelf I see that they list different #'s between the two manufacturers.

Pontiac:
    5774821 and 5774820
    Chevrolet
    3824585 and 3824586

So, I am wondering if anyone here has run into this issue in the past? Are our Pontiac hinge #'s the same as the American Pontiacs (think Bonneville etc) or were they their own animal altogether? I picked the brain of a local Pontiac guru and he says it's unlikely they are the same as the Chevrolet but very well may be the identical hinges as their American counterparts.

Thanks all.

2. Slow down

Slow down

Check out Canadian poncho website

3. Rusty J

Rusty J

Do you need a set? I can still likely get a set from one of the cars I know of sitting in a field. Let me know and we can go from there.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Bump for the AM lurkers.

I have been poking around on there - no concrete info so far.

Thanks, I will see what he says. We are not doing the work here, he just knows I am sometimes good for old car parts and info and gave me a shout haha. If he is interested, would it be OK to pass your info along?

5. Rusty J

Rusty J

No problem, yes pass my info along. Happy to help.

Old-Soul likes this.