Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tire truing/shaving in Connecticut, I got a guy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cliff Ramsdell, Nov 22, 2021.

1. walter

walter

Is there anyone in Kansas that does this. I would certainly spend the time and money to have it done.
    Thanks

2. i understand that with my radials its not technically hamb friendly, but i dont have the money for Cokers, (or enough of a deathwish to run the mid 60s BF Goodrich bias plys)

'28phonebooth likes this.
  3. railcarmover

railcarmover

Model A dicey enough without hard riding rag tires..Radials are a superior tire where it counts,on the road.

firstinsteele likes this.
  4. When I was campaigning a TAFC my tractor unit was a rough ride.
    Tire company put beads in tire and on the road it was a smooth ride.

5. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Search for the TIRE TRUING/SHAVING service registry here on the HAMB that I started in 2016
    There you will find shops that offer the service.
    Please add any that you know of.
    Thanks. John

6. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

John,
    Send a link to your post it here and I will add the info of the guy I used.

Cliff Ramsdell

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Since the word Radial has already been mentioned, and i know this is older thread .I even had my radial's on off topic trued. I also had them strobe light balanced. Old gut that did those passed away. I am FIRM BELEIVER IN STROBE LIGHT BALANCE.

8. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

9. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

FYI I've trued several radial tires.

10. lake_harley

lake_harley

Looking for someone to do tire truing in Missouri. I clicked the link above hoping for a Missouri listing, but the link didn't work for me.

If I could find a used, reasonably priced truing machine I'd probably buy it. I worked at a tire store 50 years ago that had a machine and I even called my old boss to see if he had just happened to stash the truing machine off in some warehouse. But, no joy.

Lynn

11. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Lynn,
    I don't know why the link doesn't work. It is spelled out correctly.
    Go to the top of this page and see the "HAMB" logo. Slightly below it is the "magnifying glass" of the search function. Enter the exact wording of the link and enter "search"
    The Registry should then come up.

12. lake_harley

lake_harley

Using the search function worked. Closest place listed to where I live is Terre Haute, IN which is about 4.5 Hours from me. Tried calling their number listed about 5 or 6 years ago and no one answered, but gien the time of day they might be at lunch.

Thanks, John. In what part of Iowa are you located?

Lynn

13. Shimanomike

Shimanomike

I was wondering who and where your guy is that does this? I’m not having any luck in my area that does this. I’m in Paris.

14. His name is Jason Powell ,,,, his shop is in Defeated ,Tennessee ,,,,,,yes. That’s a real town here in Smith County Tennessee .
    It’s Powell Tire Store,,,,,he’s a really good young man,,,,,also,,,,,,very reasonable on prices .

Tommy

15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Late evening, river bridge with steel grating, car with line locs. Tires shaved.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.