Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "New England Dragway "Petition"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old.hot.rodder, Nov 23, 2021.

1. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

For all that was in love with this track there is a petition going around to save the track. I hear that the property may be up for sale! I grew up with this being my stomping ground! It BREAKS my heart. I attend 2 nostalgia races a season there and enjoy every minute. Anyone heard about this!!!

2. adam401

adam401

Wow this is the first im hearing about it. I was just up there for the swap meet and didnt hear a single mention of a possible sale

3. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

Maybe I should have posted this with a different Header?

4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I read something that said they had an offer on the table to buy the whole thing lock, stock, and barrel. It is supposed to be voted on by their board or something along those lines. Didn't mention what the buyers intent for it was after purchase.

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

Let's hope if it does get sold it remains a drag strip! :)

6. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

I heard last night that they will be open at least next season as there are events already scheduled. After that we will have to see! I was there for their opening day! Back in the day.

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

There is one big difference with New England Dragway and that it is a shareholder owned drag strip.
    Instead of just having one owner, they have many owners, and I believe one of them is the N.H.R.A.

Any drag strip with in proximity to larger towns or cities or even main highways as seen it property increase in value over the years.

Jimbo

8. 5window

5window

9. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

5window likes this.
  10. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

11. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

It’s been said that Beech Ridge Speedway in Scarborough,ME. is sold or is going to be sold. The property will be developed for housing. A lot of people in the immediate area have signs on their lawns protesting the sale of the track. Different type of venue but it’s still racing…… Mark

12. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

Too Bad! Coming to an end of an era I am afraid!