Register now to get rid of these ads!

That HURST Shifter Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Jan 29, 2011.

1. "Getting Blitzed'' was cheap fun, not as good as rowing a Hurst shifter, though!

bowie and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is a slight custom bend on another big letter handle. As to this knob, a lot of people called that beer Philadelphia sewer water. Doug, in Pennsylvania we always said Schlitz will give you the shitz! Now I’m curious… what is the significance of a 4 dot Oley label? CDA0E7FE-068A-44AC-83AF-1E4C02B75349.jpeg

Elcohaulic, loudbang and chevy57dude like this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hope you guys don't mind me taking this thread off track a bit.
    Bowie
    At first I found it odd that you didn't know about the deal with Olympia beer bottle labels.
    Apparently you were more studious while attending college out here, by the way, was that at Eugene, Corvallis, or other?
    The Olympia label is fairly embedded in early 60's NW lore, at least among the beer drinking adolescents of the time, I actually missed it by a few years due to still being in grade school at the height of it.
    Anyway, the labels could have, 1,2,3, or 4 dots on the back and from what I've heard it had something to do with what bottling line they came off of.
    Nobody knows for sure who started it but these dots were to play a big roll in the sexual maturing of the youth of the day in these parts.
    You guys scan through the various internet posts linked below about it but basically a 4 dot label meant you had top bragging rights about your "backseat" exploits with your pals.

https://www.google.com/search?q=oly...AEDwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#cobssid=s

4. Ferchristsake @DDDenny !! I hope you mean bragging TO your pals, NOT "backseat" exploits WITH your pals! Semantics, it's always semantics!

5. The Oly label dots:
    1 dot = 1st base
    2 dots= 2nd base
    3 dots= 3rd base
    4 dots= HOME RUN!!

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

danman55 and 1Nimrod like this.
  7. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Ivory Handle they were made not in your head...

1Nimrod

loudbang likes this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Don't think we'll be hearing from George again.

1Nimrod likes this.
  9. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

One I own older Hurst Mastershift.

1Nimrod

Attached Files:

bowie, sidewayzz69 and loudbang like this.
  10. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Another one I own older Hurst 3 sp. dual pattern with synchrolac.

1Nimrod

Attached Files:

bowie and loudbang like this.