Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford 5w 4-Bar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sbf001, Nov 4, 2021.

1. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

I am building a 32 ford window that was a stalled project from the 1980s. Not looking to get into a debate with 4bar vs hairpins. I am looking to see if anyone has used the 4 bar kit on their open wheeled 32. I am going back and forth between open wheel vs full fender.
    1932 81.jpg 32 fender.jpg

2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

You wouldn't be the first. Many have been built with 4-bars, it is definitely a more modern look on a fenderless car, but you do you. The geometry is a bit more finicky, but when done correctly, it works well.

[​IMG]

maneri, oldiron 440 and sbf001 like this.
  3. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I have a 32 without fenders and it runs a four bar, I would post a picture for you but it would probably be cut out. If you want to see it, PM me with a email, the 4 bar works good with a mustang steering box.

4. chop&drop

chop&drop

It’s been done many times on fenderless cars, but In my opinion the “short” 4-bar set up you have is better suited to a fendered car. The longer 4-bar setup as shown in the picture posted by FrozenMerc is more aesthetically pleasing on a fenderless car. Either one will work just fine.