Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hollywood Knights on Speed Channel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scottybaccus, Aug 19, 2006.

1. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

It just started and Tony Danza drives up in a blown '57 Chevy. Not a bad way to waste the rest of the evening. :)

kidcampbell71 and Deuces like this.
  2. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

its on again at 1:30am.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Johnny5

Johnny5
    from Rahway, NJ

Its very edited!:mad:

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Did they really call T-buckets Rail Jobs back in the day?

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

That's the old "Pop Rod" project car,...............:cool:

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Were is the yellow '40 Ford Coupe today?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

"This shit is Waaaaaaay outta line. You squirrels better have some nuts in your mouth, or you're going downtown!"

8. mckustoms

mckustoms

Just watched it. They edited the crap out of it. Lot of cool cars. Love the chopped yellow 40 coupe.

9. Larry T

Larry T

I never heard T's called Rail Jobs in the 60's, always T-Buckets or Fad T's. The Project X 57 was/is probably the longest running project car in magazine history. There's a LONG thread on here about the 40 Ford. Did the lady looking for her dad's old hotrod ever get in touch with the current owner?

10. boozoo

boozoo

Yeah... not the highest quality movie in the world... but definitely a fun one. When I saw they edited out the screaming at the flaming bag of crap and edited the mooning out of it, I got to thinkin' 'bout it and remembered I picked up the DVD when the local store went out of business.

Oddly enough, even after starting 15 minutes into Speed's showing of it.... and after backing up and pausing several times at the gratuitous booby shots in the movie.... I still finished the movie about 5 minutes ahead of Speed.

"It's like dejavu all over again."

11. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I'm with your Larry, I never heard them call rail jobs, I still catch myself calling them Fad T's, which is what we all called them around here.

I watched it though and noticed a lot of editing - last week lost power due to a storm, about 30 minutes in...

J.

12. Larry T

Larry T

Yep, I can imagine that they had to do quite a bit of editing for TV. Hollywood Knights is quite a bit raunchier than American Graffiti and when I sat down to watch AG with my god-daughter we ended up turning it off and going out for pizza. LOL It's amazing the stuff you don't even notice in a movie until you're sitting there with a young kid.
    Larry T
    BTW, the only thing I ever heard called a rail or rail job is a dragster.

13. Johnny5

Johnny5
    from Rahway, NJ

Wasn't that T Bucket a really long one? I could be wrong.

14. boozoo

boozoo

Nah... it was just a T bucket with a puny little blown big block Chevy :D

15. Cruiser

Cruiser

Scottybaccus,

Hollywood Knights was a rip off of American Graffiti, I like the movie none the less. I have the movie on VHS uncut with all the tits in place. Also, have the sound track from the film and the Hollywood Knights aluminium car club plaque. I was in a club with a guy who owned three of the cars in the movie.

Stay cool

Cruiser 49:cool:

16. chopdtop

chopdtop

Old thread but I just saw a post on Facebook from the owner/builder of the T Bucket that was used in Hollywood Knights that now explains why the term "rail job" was used for the T Bucket.
    He said that they (the film company or whoever was in charge) had a funny car without a body that was to be used in the scene but it wasn't street legal and wouldn't have worked for what they wanted so they had to find a replacement for that car. And that was when he fortuitously was driving by the filming location and was stopped by a police officer asking if he wanted his car in the movie. The probably didn't even think about changing the wording in the script and just went with it.

Attached Files:

Deuces and cactus1 like this.
  17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paid me $50 bucks for cruising!

kidcampbell71 and Deuces like this.
  18. rlsteel

rlsteel

Hollywood nights was better than American graffiti.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. Maybe if you like low brow juvenile humor...and pedestrian editing.... "American Graffiti " is on the American Film Institutes list of top 100 films. That it holds up after almost half a century is a testimony to George Lucas passion for that era...he lived it. By comparison "Hollywood Knights" was in the half price cut out bins...if you can find it.
    When I bought it and watched it for the first time I had to stop myself from getting bored and fast forwarding thru it...it felt like a cheap made for TV movie. It really needed an editor...and a better screenwriter. When I came across that line about "the rail job" I thought to myself "these guys don't have a clue".

The only redeeming thing was a very young Michelle Pieffer....

TCATTC, Packrat and Roothawg like this.