Register now to get rid of these ads!

Her sexy new black dress - mmm hot stuff!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colonel Ingus, Aug 18, 2006.

1. In case I got someone's hopes up for some T&A, I included an extra photo :D

My plan was to shoot some super jet black on my 53 bel air here, then lay on some pearl and clear a little thin so I get a nice effect in the sunlight.

After the black, I decided it looked good enough just black alone.. so we'll throw some pinstripes on it here soon and that's it.

It's been in primer so long and so many different colors, I was really worried about flaws showing up real bad but I was surprised, we did a good job and it looks pretty straight.

Everything was shaved, bel air trim, hood seam, door handles, it all had to go. The fuel door is the only thing left and it's next. I was really careful on what trim I wanted to keep. These cars have the best shapes, curves, and character lines. I didn't want anything to distract from that.

Kind of a tiny little thing, but anyone try those silverstar bulbs? They're nice and amber when lit but when off they have a creepy blue glow. I almost didn't buy them because the package said "for that euro look!" I went ahead and got them anyway, they look good under the clear parking light lenses.

I needa get some wide whites next.

Well let me know what you fellas think of everything, some new ideas, and any tips on pearls is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

clean car, looks really good man, congrats!!! now on to those www's!!

3. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Black dressed and beautiful!And shaved to top it off!Hey the broad ain't bad either.Nice ride,Colonel Ingus.Dave

4. Gigantor

Gigantor

Gives me hope - I like her shaved too!:D

5. Keith English

Keith English

yeah looks real nice

6. mustangsix

mustangsix

Car looks great!

I put Silverstars in my car, my wife's car, and my son's car. I liked the whiter light and my wife said she could see better at night. At first, no problemo, but five of those six headlight bulbs burned out within 6 months. The first one quit after 2 months. Warranty? Fuggedaboudit....

7. You whore! I wasn't going to tell you till you came over tonight! :D

8. Steve

Steve

that broad looks scary

9. kantgetnun

kantgetnun

that car looks great! awsome job

10. Keith English

Keith English

Yeah like I said I am on here a lot llike four or five times a day even at work and you thought that you could keep it from me you little hippie snatch.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...did someone say black?...:)

12. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

"She's dressed in black again
    and I'm falling down again.
    Down to the floor again,
    I'm begging for more again

What can you do when she's dressed in black?"

Martin L. Gore
    ---------------------------------------------

Looks great!!!!

Dan Marvin, Owner
    Exeter Auto Supply

13. Retrorod

Retrorod

....car looks great.....lose the bimbo

14. Mrs. Ingus

Mrs. Ingus
    BANNED

How many times has she been sanded and repainted? Many mornings of taking the tape off just in time to go to work. No third times a charm for the Colonel, Lucky 13 is definitely more like it. Lucky for the Colonel he's happy with the paint job for once or she would have become his coffin. :p

15. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Hey the nun aint doin anything for me but bringin back bad memories, catholic school was bad times !!!

16. marked cards

marked cards

Lovin the Black,looks straight enough to me testimony to your work, hit it up with some stripes though

17. Man.. thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I know it's been over 6 months since I posted any photos of my car, and well that's just cause it's been rough, in primer, dirty.. It's amazing though, only took two days worth of body work, taping, and painting to get it to this from primer. But I have to say all the major body work has been done slowly over the past year.

The hopped up 235 is runnin good now and sounding good, now she looks good too.

Hey it's not Boyd clean or anything, but it doesn't look like a steamy pile from a distance.

I'm just glad it looks like a custom now. I love my back glass so I won't chop it, and I would never section it. I've always heard that all the modifications in the world can be done but if it isn't chopped or sectioned, it's called a "mild custom." Well if I can get away with calling it a mild custom, I'm happy.

With the extreme amount of lead work, I can definately get away with lead sled. I'd like it to be a bit lower but won't lower it anymore, I drag a lot as it is.

Glad you guys like it, thanks a lot for the kudos on my baby.

18. here's a side shot. :)

Attached Files:

19. GTS225

GTS225

Sweet ride. Gotta like that feeling, don't you?

You asked about ideas. Maybe some scallops, flames, or subtle highlights using that pearl. It wouldn't show except in sunlight.

Roger

20. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

nice ride..whitewalls?

21. Jbirds51

Jbirds51
    from Sac ca

Sweet Lookin Ride Man!

22. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Needs stainless or something painted to break up all that black.

23. Scott F.

Scott F.

WOW! That is tight....and....shaved......!!! :)
    I gotta go......:D

Ingus, that is one sweet ride brotha. Gives me inspiration. Super clean, nothing cluttering up those sweet ass lines. This is clearly a case of "less is more". it works.

Scott

24. Mrs. Ingus

Mrs. Ingus
    BANNED

EXACTLY!

25. Right on dude.. thanks a million. you definately get it.

26. plmczy

plmczy

mmmmmmmm she's a hot little nun-ber. Nice work on the chebby. later shawn

27. Chad s

Chad s

I agree, I think the painted center bar of the grill would help if it was chrome. Isnt painting chrome parts a "street rod" thing. It also sits kind of high. I know of a guy around here who had a 54 that was a lowered stock suspension that sat a good 3 inches lower than that. If nothing rubs, it isnt low enough! I dont think its a sled untill its just hovering over the pavement.

28. I have 3" dropped uprights in the front, and 4" inches in the back with lowering blocks. I had to remove my bump stops because my back axle was sitting on them. With a full tank my rear axle sits on my frame.

You said "if it doesn't rub, it isn't low enough?" I drag, A LOT. I posted that earlier if you read it. I like my ride height, it's low enough to be a nice mild custom and it doesn't drag on everything but still a bit too much for my taste. I'm still keeping it that low, I like it.

As for "painting chrome parts" maybe you should read my posts on this thread. I explain that my goal here was to not distract the eye from the amazingly beautiful body and character lines of this 50's car.

About the "guy you know," with it 3 inches lower than mine with all stock suspension? That's absolutely impossible. Even if it was, it wouldn't be driveable.

I'm not running airbags here, I didn't notch the frame or anything, I also didn't heat my coils or take coils out.

29. Cruiser

Cruiser

Colonel Ingus,

Where's the white walls? Hey, your ride looks way cool and I love black. Henry Ford had the right idea, "You can have any color you want as long as its black" I've had five black cars and my present ride is going to be black. For my taste your could be a little lower in the back. Get the white walls and some '57 Caddy caps.

Cool ride man !

Cruiser 49:cool:

30. Your right, I would like it, but I'd have to notch it or Z it to get that back any lower. Might be a winter project.