Register now to get rid of these ads!

Address on my Avatar!?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Johnny Gee, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I've been messaged that my "full address" is appearing below my avatar. I've checked my profile page and all looks normal. Looking at my past posting it looks normal. Mind you, person hasn't replied back to tell me exactly what he's seen. What do all of you see? If it's something that looks like an address but isn't that's fine. But if it looks like a true address with house numbers, street name, city, state and zip please let me know. Thanks

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

What shows under your avatar is the "location" field that you filled out during registration. It was some long incomplete address. I changed it for you.

03GMCSonoma, Thor1, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  3. WOW! Way to be on it, Ryan. Thanks for keeping us safe.

Thor1 likes this.
  4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Correct. Not what I was asking. It merely ment before you took upon yourself to change it is that I live 2.7 from the Broiler in Downey Ca. So was my full address showing?

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.

5. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-10-19_11-39-43.png

Hello,
    As of 101921 at 11:39 am it looks good. Just like all of our profile screens. I checked mine and it looks fine.. Even if someone google searched your avatar photo, it is all good. Also, if one were to inspect the photo for clues on a computer search, it is "goobly dock" info for 99% of HAMB folks.

Jnaki
    It seems like you are safe as per standards set up by Ryan and the website folks.

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So, I guess "I'm living in a van down by the river" wouldn't fly!

chevy57dude and VANDENPLAS like this.
  7. catdad49

catdad49

Denny, maybe if you add a zip code!

8. Yeah it used to say you live 2.7 miles from the broiler, and no your complete address wasn't showing, but i went 3 miles past the broiler and still didn't find you. I did give directions to the jehovah's witnesses though. You're welcome :D

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Tough crowd... Enjoy the site.

KJSR, 57 Fargo, X38 and 2 others like this.

10. 5D4B1181-9606-491C-AA6D-0E3D1500CEE5.gif

11. 49Olds

49Olds

As long as it is 1965 or older van you can live down by the river on the HAMB. Side pipes and shag carpet are OT…

VANDENPLAS and Thor1 like this.