Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 235 rocker installation

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by buick bill, Oct 12, 2021.

1. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

ive searched till i cant see . which way should the holes on a 235 rocker go .up or down ?seems as if they should face up . but i dont get paid to think! or paid period for that matter . thanks to the generosity of others

2. greybeard360

greybeard360

You talking about the holes in the rocker shaft?

They go down.

3. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i am . how dos the oil get thru the rocker if the oil is on the other side . ?also there appears to be a bump inside the rockers inside the bottom of the bore opposite the oil hole .is it made that way or is there a issue . more than one like that

Attached Files:

4. greybeard360

greybeard360

Oil coming in at the bottom keeps a film of oil where the most pressure is applied to the shaft by the rocker.

5. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i added pix of the inside of rocker .should i file these smooth or is that how it is made for some reason

6. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

thnx for the link anthony . i had looked at it already . appears to have the holes down ,but doesnt say that i read . i just dont see how the oil could get thru the little hole in the rocker with all the oil shooting out the bottom .and it isnt on mine ! maybe i need new rockers !

7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

8. 6inarow

6inarow

are you saying you cant figure out which is up and which is down on the rocker arm??

9. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

you could say that ! and im really not sure if im coming or going . 2 steps forward , three steps back .the bump on the the inside of the rockers in the pix is real hard to wrap my head around ,as several have nearly the same spot .could just file them smooth but i guess they are trash . i will see today if the shafts on the orig. 216 are better than what i have now . i believe they might interchange ? but i guess thats all . another good link fast car . still no mention of the orientation of the holes but once again it appears they may be down in the illustration . i should have had a v-8 !!!! i guess its never to late to make a course adjustment !

10. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

well im torn between putting one up and one down . at least one will be right . or, drilling a hole on the other side . to much oils gotta be better than not enough . didnt appear i was getting good oil to all the rockers . but that could be from the worn parts !

11. lowrd

lowrd

Try Deve's Tech Net.com, tons of info on 216 thru 261's