Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical obsolete & classic auto parts grill insert?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SDS, Oct 5, 2021.

1. SDS

SDS

Has anyone here seen or used the 32 Ford grill insert that Obsolete & classic auto parts (formerly Obsolete Ford parts out of Oklahoma City) is now making?
    I've recently bought Vintique and United Pacific industries inserts, but sent them back for a refund because they were junk.

Thanks,

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  2. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

48 Oldsmobile? 31 Huppmobile? 38 Chrysler Imperial? . . . .

X38 and milwscruffy like this.
  3. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

"Grill insert" sounds like '32 Ford. My guess is they get them from same place as the others.

4. SDS

SDS

Good point ☺️, 1932 Ford. Edited my original post.

5. They no longer make them,

6. Nothing fit's like the original insert. HRP

7. Used to be “Dales Grilles” made a really good 32 grille insert. He quit making them a while ago. If Obsolete Ford Parts is using his patterns and jigs, then it’s probably pretty good. They used to be a dealer for Dales and a few years ago I got one of the last original Dales grilles they had in stock. I seem to recall at the time there was talk they might start manufacturing grilles to Dales specs. Might be worth a call to them to find out. Good Luck.

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Fordors

Fordors

Google Street View shows Obsolete & Classic Auto Parts, Classic Chevrolet Parts and Dale’s Manufacturing as all being in the 8700 block of the I-35 Service Road. Looks like they are all under the same roof too. Years ago Gene Scott (Antique Auto, PSI, Rubber Reproductions and more) ran his businesses the same way, multiple operations all with a different name.
    For some reason Dale’s quit making the inserts, could it have been a licensing thing with Ford?

9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My Dales insert, boy am I glad I paid the extra $$$ for it, the first one (made offshore) wouldn't even start into the shell opening.
    20170304_092551.jpg

10. SDS

SDS

That's real nice! You have to beat on the shell to get a Vintique to fit into it. I'd be OK with that if the insert wansn't junk (the bars looked like hell, crooked and variable spacing all over).