Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Carlisle Car Event

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spillaneswillys, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Wow I went to the Carlisle Event today and was really disappointed. I usually have to wait for a half hour or so once I get off the Turnpike to get to a parking area but today I drove right in. There were alot of empty vendor spaces although the crowd was pretty good. Around 3:00 a number of vendors were packing up and seemed to be disgruntled. I did buy a few things that I needed but was somewhat disappointed.
    What did you guys think?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. No pics?

Did not happen....

4. Carlisle isn't what it used to be for sure. By having multiple "brand targeted" events thoughout the year they've managed to dilute their main events. If you have MoPar stuff to sell you are likely going to bring it to MoPars @ Carlisle or if you have Corvette stuff you bring it to Corvettes @ Carlisle and perhaps skip Fall Carlisle altogether. Same with GM Carlisle, Fords @ Carlisle, Trucks, Motorcycles, Imports and on and on.

5. I was vending at Carlisle. The crowd seemed thin. There were no foreign, or Canadian attendees due to Covid restrictions. A lot of empty vendor spaces. It was nice to visit with many old acquaintances. The people are more important than the cars.

alphabet soup, Paul B and 1934coupe like this.
  6. I had to skip it this year (health issues) and was hatin' life. this news makes it less painful.

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I got there on tuesday....the crowd was down from the spring show....a lot of looky-lou's....not much buying....I did OK but was a little disappointed $$$....I started to pack up today at 12 and drove out gate #1 at 3pm....SUPER tired and will probably be in bed by 9-930.....good night..........

8. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Time flies and everything changes. I was a vendor there for 18 years. A lot of great people and fond memories. A lot of vendors I worked with have passed on. I did enjoy the Middlesex Diner though , pretty girls with great food.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

seems like a common thread for a lot of swaps

10. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I have found that Fall Carlisle is a big let down compared to Spring Carlisle. On the upside Hershey is the next week. Hershey is like a sore dick, you can't beat it!;):D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  11. pkhammer

pkhammer

Yes, Hershey is next week!! This is a swap meet I wait all year (in this case two years since it was cancelled last year) for! Hoping for good weather, good crowds and a good time. Anyone that has not been to Hershey, you need to get there!!

Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. .......For sure.

Dino 64 likes this.