Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jim “Jake” Jacobs 29 Roadster pickup...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FatTire, Oct 26, 2018.

1. FatTire

FatTire

The hunt is on looking for Jakes 29 roadster pickup. Last sold to Ron Jones who might have been living either Bellflower or Orange County at the time of the sale. We believe the year to have been either 1975 or 76. Drive train SM Chevy 265 bored to a 283 double hump heads with humps ground off. 4 spd., quick change. Roadster had fiberglass fenders and pickup bed. When sold painted a 1967 Pontiac color tropical turquoise. Misc, info might have been sold to body builder first name Bruce?
    This is truck has a high degree of interest to me. In advance thank you for any information no matter how small it seems.

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. FatTire

FatTire

The question was fenders: full 29 style fiberglas fenders may have been painted to match the body or still in primer. The frame was boxed and painted black with white pinstriping. 2.5” holes were cut in the boxing plates for bolt access.

3. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

What Jake sold to Ron Jones was the original chassis that was under his 29 pick up, & the PR cab & bed, with the GTO paint. If I remember correctly, Jake up dated the chassis ( some what ) for Ron .
    Ron finished the RP & painted it the GTO color. Jake still has the Flake & cobweb rear fenders from the original truck. The flake front fenders went on Jakes gold 29 PU. I remember the body builder guy, he owned the "Buddy Alcorn " chopped Merc .
    Good luck in your search.

4. FatTire

FatTire

Pete: thank you one step closer. Chuck

Stogy likes this.

5. nitro_rat

nitro_rat
    from Texas

6. It's like he read my mind!

[​IMG]

7. alchemy

alchemy

Sounds like the doors, cowl, and hood are all that remain of the original now. Maybe you can get ahold of the owner and he can tell you where the "questionable" chassis is? That might have been the Jake chassis. Lots of people don't like vintage chassis stuff, so they "upgrade" to TCI and lose the soul.

X38, Jim Bouchard and The37Kid like this.
  8. Too bad @FatTire probably won't see this as he has not been here for six months.

lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  9. Short book.:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

My take . . .
    For me , this is a sad ending to this car's story .
    When Jake let it go to his buddy , Ron Jones , he helped Ron with a lot of the " rebuild " .
    Ron enjoyed the car before his passing from cancer .
    After Ron died the car sort of disappeared .
    It's somebody else's car now , but I would like to have seen it retain it's " Jake " influence .
    Now it's just another " street rod " .

This is the only picture I have of it , behind the "leg show " T Leg Show & Jakes truck.jpg

11. ........It always amazes me when someone posts up an inquiry or comment then never returns. I understand that bad things often happen,but it sure seems to happen a lot.:confused:

kidcampbell71 and clem like this.