Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Ford Walker Radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dapack, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Dapack

Dapack

What is the capacity of a walker radiator for a 1937 Ford? I found a part number from Walker it is WRS-495-1. Thanks for any help. Tom

Bobbyc34 likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

If you want one, they can't be bought as Walker is out of business. Try calling Johnson's Hot Rods as they bought the business and are moving the machinery.

If you have one, why not just plug the bottom port and fill it with water to see?

X38 likes this.
  3. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I had a Walker rad in my '37 Ford with a Chev motor. Never had a heat problem.

4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No longer available until Johnsons starts making them. Used many and did one in a 37 Woody with a 327 and ac--no issues. A friend has several new in boxes but no 37--has a 35 and several 40's

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I bought one of the last Walker radiators from Walker last year for my 37 ($900). I do have a Walker for a 37 Ford that needs a lower tank repair. My insurance replaced it with a new Walker, and I kept the slightly damaged one. Would sell the older one for cheap, if someone needs one on a budget,

olscrounger likes this.
  6. Open ended quiz questions like this always intrigue me. First to hit the buzzer and answer correctly wins the prize!
    But seriously, why do you want to know? Is this a critical figure? Alchemy has the answer. Fill and measure.

da34guy and olscrounger like this.