Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wisconsin Engine builders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abuchakl, Aug 14, 2006.

1. abuchakl

abuchakl
    from Wisconsin

Hey all just wondering if anyone can recomment a reasonable priced engine builder in Wisconsin. First it is hard to find someone you trust with your engine, then it is hard to find someone who won't charge you a ton of money for a basic chevy 350.
    I am actually looking for someone to build a basic 350 and then I have an older stock engine like a flathead mopar 6cyl.

Am I better of just buying a GM crate motor for the 350?

Thanks for the help in advance!

2. Squablow

Squablow

Check the HAMBoDEX, there's a good Wisconsin engine builder around my area, comes recommended by other HAMBers.

3. I use a guy In Fond du Lac He just went threw my 327 it cost me $500.00 that's with A new cam and lifters and doing some head work... DMR is the name of the place it's right across The street from Saint wire and cable

4. 3034

I just had a 327 done at Pro Machine in Woodville. Very reasonable and quick turnaround. They will do the old motors too.

5. Wisconsin is a pretty large state, what part are you in?
    Gary does all my engines at Automotive specialties in Neenah. Tell him Mike from Harrison Street Motors refered you and he will treat you right.
    SBC stock remanufacture with all new guts will run you about $1000 and he will give you a warranty with it. He usually has a few 350's laying around to exchange out so you may be able to just drop in with your core and pick up a fresh one same day.

6. abuchakl

abuchakl
    from Wisconsin

Thanks for the tips guys I will have to check those guys out. I am in the Milwaukee area and wonder around from about West Bend to East Troy typically but ocasionally travel up to the Neenah area and Lacrosse area so just about anywhere in the southern half of the state would be fine with me as long as they are good.

Thanks again

7. Dugg

Dugg

What about the guy who used to be in Brookfield and moved futher west... Schlieper's?

8. CNS motorsports in butler

9. I thought Schliepers was just located west of oconomowokonoeok....
    run by the kids doing crappy work, the old man that opened/owned the place did excellent work...just ask my dad about the motor in his 63 vette...

CNS also does excellent work in butler

10. 2tons0fun

2tons0fun

SCHLIEPER'S RACING ENGINES 262-593-2555
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] N6223 HIGHMOUND RD
    SULLIVAN, WI 53178

They are located off of Hwy 16 west of Oconomowoc. Haven't heard much about this shop in a while.

NVR RACING 262-781-5252
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 5161 N 124TH ST
    BUTLER, WI 53007

Last I knew Tom was in business but there is a reason they call them "nicker-bombs". Used to be located in Merton, WI years ago on VV.

There is a place called "Motor Masters" that is located South of Hartford on Hwy 83 that does good work, but I can' find the phone number. May be becaseu they just moved into the new shop.

Also, Kilpatrick's does awesome work...bu mostly mopar.

There is one other guy but he is waaaaaaay backed up right now.

Good luck,

Jeremiah

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I can suggest C & S in Butler. Tell them Mike from VSI sent you and you can be assured the job will be done right.

12. This thread is 10 years old but it's all I found. Dose any one in southeastern part of Wisconsin know of a good engine builder? looking to do a 1957 chevy 235 straight six. Thanks

13. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

get a hold of Bobwop...he's in your neck of the woods and would be able to steer you in the right direction.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    leadfootloon likes this.
  14. Thanks will do.

15. MoparJake

MoparJake

Don's Auto Parts & Machine Shp  

Website
    Directions
    Auto parts store in Kenosha, Wisconsin

Address: 6814 39th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142
    Phone: (262) 658-3737

Had him polish a crankshaft and balance the assembly for me. No problems.

leadfootloon likes this.
  16. Thanks for the help.