Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New family hauler- 1955 Ford Fairlane station wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Aug 27, 2021.

1. R indicates San Jose CA assembly plant.

Chris and loudbang like this.
  2. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

Dammm great looking wagon. Your family luvs it I can tell.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Congratulations Chris, that is one beautiful wagon and welcome to the long roof club. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  4. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Wow-Dee-Wow-wow-wow!!! What a puff!

loudbang likes this.
  5. That looks good…

loudbang likes this.
  6. We have a 58 Shasta that is irnocally blue and white. This 55 is set up to tow a trailer, it has a hitch, wiring, and even air shocks with an onboard compressor. The past owner towed vintage trailers with it.

I don't think I mentioned the price, but I think it was fair. They were asking 21,500.00 before the driveline came out...
    I didn't really know it had that stuff when I first saw the wagon. A we were hopping in for a test drive, my friend Brian mentioned the PS, PB, etc. I was like "oh ok cool", but as soon as we started driving I was like "oh shit this thing drives NICE!!". I have never owned a car with upgrades like that.

I think you are correct

loudbang and Hamtown Al like this.
  7. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

You're totally right, I misread your first post regarding the price. You absolutely did good on it. And even if you spent a little extra on it (which you didn't), if the car winds up being a reliable runner that you drive all over the place and have fun with the family with, you'll long forget the price as years go by.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Wagons like this (50's Fords) can be 35k-up and I just couldn't justify that. on the flip side, if someone gave me a wagon needing everything, for free, I couldn't make it what this one is for the price. This one was right in line wth what I wanted to pay, and i don't think I can ever lose on it. And you're right, its an investment for family.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. Will_K

Will_K

Very nice... One day my Mercury will be on the road, I got mine at $100 in the '90's from a guy that came to a garage sale wanting to see if we'd buy a couple '56 Fords he needed to clear out and he new a guy that needed to clear out a bunch of stuff because the county was on some kind of blight cleanup kick. It even had the original Firestone spare with the Ford part number molded in, but somehow that got lost over the years.

loudbang likes this.
  10. I like the hub cap swap... miss my 51 woodie wagon... .. neat family truckster well done sir !

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  11. Threw some old SW gauges under the dash tonight. The temp gauge wasn’t working, and the oil was just an idiot light. Glad to see it runs at 180 and has great pressure. 60 cold, 40 hot and at idle. Tap the gas and it shoots up to 60.

5E0D3537-766A-44DA-94F4-69C4F8AEE2F5.jpeg ED1E23BC-C349-46EF-A603-3350BB0D7663.jpeg

loudbang, El Hueso and Elcohaulic like this.
  12. AHotRod

AHotRod

I love it ! Wagons Rule !
    I drive a Chevy II Wagon or my Coupe everyday.

loudbang likes this.
  13. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Good looking long roof!

loudbang likes this.