Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features What's on your.... AM radio?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 1953naegle, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

Hank Williams and Patsy Cline. are always on. Some times I have Amos and Andy. Back to the fifties.

Elcohaulic likes this.
  2. XERB the mighty 1090 Del Rio Texas

quick85 and Deuces like this.
  3. Hahahaha! YUP!

I like to adjust back the treble, crank it up and pretend its the whine coming from a blower. :D:D:D

1953naegle, Deuces and blowby like this.
  4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Have you heard of "The Pink & Pleasant Plastic Icon Company of Del Rio, Texas"?

5. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I really like the sound of the Delco AM puts out. I use mine as a head unit. I run my Ipod into the radio thru two 1K resisters to change the signal to mono, then thru the radios amp then I have a small Blaupunkt amp connected to the radios speaker lead. This way the radio doesn't have t0 work hard besides, it takes 10 ohm speakers and most speakers are 4 ohm. They would shorten that radios life.. I tried just using the Ipod straight into the amp but it didn't have that warm sound that the Delco radio adds to the mix.

Some days I just use the AM, I have to extend the antenna all the way out. But the music sounds so rich. We have three Doo Wap stations that play real good music and one that plays the sixties Pittsburgh sound..

I have a reverb I want to add to the system. I'll just run it off the radio to a 8 ohm speaker in the back. Having true Hi Fidelity with a reverb is such a nice sounding system. I used to have them in my 60s Pontiacs. The Pontiac came with a Speaker switch that separated the mid and hi tones to the front speaker and the base to the rear speaker in the seat.. It really had a good sound for what it was. I would add another speaker to the rear deck that was just reverb..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Deuces likes this.
  6. BJR

BJR

WHAT'S ON YOUR.... AM RADIO? DUST!

Deuces likes this.
  7. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, since I'm not handy with connecting gadgets together to have the old sound, I'll confess that we listen to channel 5 from home in San Antonio to El Mirage and never miss a beat. We caved in and had SIRIUS XM installed in our Deuce roadster in 2010. With large speakers behind the seat and smaller ones in the kick panels, we do the fifties' first generation of rock n roll most of the time. We wear sponge earplugs so the music isn't drowned out by the Flowmaster HP 2's. There, I said it ! ! ! Oh, yeah. The VintageAir ac/heat is quiet enough to enjoy the doowop or Buddy Holly.

Deuces likes this.
  8. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here in the Baltimore area it's the Radio Flea Market on AM 680 WCBM, Sunday mornings from 7-8 am. I live about 40 miles north, kinda in the sticks, so reception isn't always the best. In that case I get on the computer. Gene.

lothiandon1940 likes this.