Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hotrod-a-rama, "The Resurrection" Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We can't control the heat and I think that caused you to loose a whole street full of cars on Saturday but the overall caliber of the cars there was the highest I have seen at any event since I started going to outdoor events in 1972. Hopefully next year I'll have a fitting custom or rod to take.
    It also shows that you don't have to let filler cars in to have a great event nor do you have to have a big paying spectator draw. The folks who were out looking at the cars were seriously interested in the cars.

curbspeed, 41 GMC K-18 and loudbang like this.
  2. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

5:30 AM. Thanks I have really enjoyed the show.

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  3. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

great bunch of cars and great pics! Thank you for posting

loudbang likes this.
  4. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely superior photography ! Great cars, excellent compositions, and I appreciate the fact that you filled up the frame and posted the images large ! Thanks @Boones for sharing your photos !

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  5. I actually don't think anyone left that I know of on Saturday. Things were just more spread out. I have plans to make next years show even more user friendly. Hope the weather gods have the same ideas. The unusual heat spike was a killer for sure.

Jacksmith and loudbang like this.
  6. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Excellent event coverage for sure, thanks for posting them!
    The freakishly hot / record setting temps made me change my mind about attending... the pics here are the next best thing to being there! I plan on making it to this event next year!

loudbang, curbspeed and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  7. I appreciate that. I have been given similar compliments from a few old timers and it was very positive. Do I piss some guys off? Yes I do. Does it matter when the quality is high? No it does not. It was an excellent event all around. Looking forward to next summer already!!!!

loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  8. It was one hell of a show. Be there next year or die trying! Anyone doubting where the best cars in the country are just needs to check out all these pictures and make sure to attend next July 28th to 31st in Pendleton, Oregon. Then you will know!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1751.JPG Pendletion forcast .jpeg By the weather forcast for this weekend you just did it three weeks early. You can't ever second guess weather ahead of time though.

As I have said several times in the past couple of weeks all over the place if you put out the word that the event is for high quality cars that meet a specific criteria that brings out the better cars.
    I appreciate the quality over quantity to no end. A week later I went to an event loaded with roached out mid 60's and early 60's stock for the most part sedans that was that way just to have the numbers up.
    Not having or advertising for paying spectators tends to raise the quality of actual spectators you get. You didn't have a bunch of bored dads with kids on dad and kid weekend, you had folks including kids who were seriously interested in the cars. I took this photo of this little gent who was having a hard time deciding which rig he wanted to photograph first. He was studying every car as his family worked their way through.
    I'll be back, hopefully with something running, driving and presentable.

loudbang likes this.