Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 27 roadster Bonneville Roadster ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 24, 2020.

1. A couple so what cars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  2. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I'd build a lakester chassis either front or rear engine with wheelbase that will fit MR classes. Then you can add T bucket body if you want. Unless your young I'd get a glass body. Roadster Rons rearengine
    roadster started life as a lakester.

loudbang likes this.
  3. We are still bouncing ideas around. My pal got sick in the last year and they are just figuring out what was wrong. (not kungflu). We have just been paper planning and sorting/sourcing parts. Ran into some miner issues with teh combo we are using. Plus, I have been cleaning, I almost have the old shop organized!

loudbang likes this.
  4. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

Why don't you build a roadster to look like something you've always wanted? (Want a record? Scan the book, find one with a 3-cyl. engine half-blown and purple.) You know the difference between a record dash plaque and a high speed for the week plaque? The color. And in a few weeks it may change from red to blue. Want to go 200? Build one that will, but maybe not record. Want to participate and make it for your vacation for years on end (and you think records are forever?)? Like Ts? Like As? Like Hemis? Like straight-6s? Do it. In the end it'll all come out great.

HotRodWorks and Shadow Creek like this.

5. Oh Stan, ye of little faith. I know the deal. But my belief is, why even bother going to the Salt if you are not serious about going after REAL records? Not the "fastest guy from Fairburn SD on a pink Vespa" type "records" I see no reason to return year after year just to run hot laps. Been there, done that. Even got the T shirt for my effort (thanks Jerry!)

But, in this day and age I think class selection is more important than ever. You know better than I do that in the last 20 years (about the time I started going) how those records have fallen. Hell, just yesterday we had a gas roadster do 300+, congrats Joel Wirth BLUE HAT! I think class selection is most important now than ever before, not to cherry pick "soft" records but to insure that a guy has fun and doesn't burn out. How many cars have we seen change hands before they are even run or done more than a couple passes?

Thanks to shelving this project a few years back it given time and perspective to ponder. Which, is much easier AND cheaper to do on the computer screen than in metal! ;)

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  6. Great chat today sir! It was all taken to heart.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Rich, RIP, I am going to miss your cranky pragmatism. Godspeed.

loudbang likes this.
  8. @jimmy six I did find some shots of it on Sumners old web site that you were quoted in.

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvilleother/page 3.html

[​IMG][​IMG]

brEad, loudbang and Gofannon like this.