Register now to get rid of these ads!

Over the Mountain Hotrod picnic 2006

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CruZer, Aug 14, 2006.

1. CruZer

CruZer

Each year a bunch of us from western Mass. get together with a gang of old timers from eastern NY state for a picnic or two. Since we travel over a mountain range to get there ,we call it the Over the Mountain picnic.Original ,huh?
    Anyway, here are some pixs:
    The '49 Ford is being built into a NASCAR style driver with a 429 Ford,full cage and suspension.
    The green roadster belongs to our friend Johnny who's wearing the Stroker McGuirk shirt. We add to the trophy every year and pass it on to a different guy so he has to add on to it and keep it going. This year Johnny got stuck with it.
    The red roadster is Wankle powered. Weighs 1200 lbs.
    The '55 is a new build by John Worden.He put a dropped solid axel in it for a gasser feel w/o the high nose up stance.

Attached Files:

2. rikaguilera

rikaguilera

First off, thanks for the pics. Looks like a good time. I do have a question on the 49' Ford though. Do you have any info on it? I am curious, as me and a small group of guys are building a similar (50') Ford to race in the Carrera Panamerica race. NASCAR style frame/susp. etc... Just curious on other similar builds, tricks, things like that. If you have any other info on this particular cars purpose, or setup, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Rik

3. CruZer

CruZer

Here are some other pix. The guy who is building this used to build and race dirt track cars with his father,so this is built like that .Tube frame and full perimeter bars along the doors,etc. Ford 9 inch rear set up with jacking bolts,etc. It has a home made independant front end. He is making a homemade dash out of aluminum panels and the interior will be all aluminum with two bucket seats. After he built the chassis and installed the 429 Ford engine ,the body would no longer fit,so he cut the body in half length-wise and added 3 inches of metal right up the middle, welded it all back together, and is now stretching the trunk to fit.

Attached Files:

4. rikaguilera

rikaguilera

Thanks for the info. It does look like a "road warrior" of sorts. Lots of metalwork in that one. Hope it turns out nice. I like the serious look of the chassis. We are going with a high revving small block (Ford) in ours, and it is mated to a six speed tranny. But ours is a race only car.
    Thanks again for the extra pics and info.
    Rik