Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with odd wheel bolt pattern

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 1-fatboy, Jul 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 1-fatboy

1-fatboy
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I have a challenge for all.

With the collective knowledge of Divco enthusiasts and many years of restorations and modification surely someone has experienced the exact issue that I now have.

I am working on a 1964 Divco 300. The truck is an operating original survivor unit that I am wishing to drive to distant shows.

To permit this I have removed the original (low gear ratio) differential and replaced it with a more street friendly 9” Ford. This conversion also permits the use of a greater verity of wheel designs that are readily available.

Now the issue.

I would like to match the front wheels to the new rear wheels that are akin to the original style. The original Divco 300 wheel bolt pattern is the old style 20 inch 7 ¼” x 5 hole Style. Thus far locating an adapter from the original pattern to a more familiar bolt pattern or a wheel provider has eluded me.

I really do not wish to alter the truck with changing its chassis or sub framing it. Would like to maintain as much originality as possible.

Surely someone has come up against this issue and might be willing to share with me a possible solution..

I appreciate any input others might have to offer.

Thanks

Randy Todd

2. rusty valley

rusty valley

You should have picked a pair of axles that match, such as out of a ford f450, or gm 3500hd. dana 80 rears, and straight axle fronts, 10 hole 19.5 wheels, disc brakes. years ago I did a 48 Diamond T with a dana 80 rear, and found king pins to allow using just the 3500hd spindles on the Diamond T straight axle. The camber was off ( different inclination), but a big truck shop bent the axle to spec once mounted on the truck.

deathrowdave likes this.
  3. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

Randy, try contacting Voodoo Larry Kustoms. He likes to put Divco wheels on Model As. He might know what to do or at least point you in the right direction.

lothiandon1940 likes this.

4. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Have you tried phoning Currie, Moser, Dutchman et al. to see if they can make up a set of axles to suit the Divco wheels?

It seems you can get a custom axle set for around $300, which doesn't seem too bad.