Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone have an old Trans-Dapt catalog? GC-25 Pontiac 389 to T-10 Throwout Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shaun1162, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Hey guys, wondering if someone could help me out- I’m hoping that someone may have an old Trans-adapt catalog out of the 60’s and may be able to give me the part number for the throwout bearing they used.

Ive got an old 60’s built Ford coupe with a 1960 Pontiac 389, and a GC-25 Trans Dapt adapter going to a ‘63 Chevy T10. The problem I’m running into is that I dropped the throwout bearing, and broke a piece off the collar.

The bearing itself is Aetna A3200-34, which I’ve been able to locate. The collar itself, not as easy. No luck finding anything. The engine has an-aluminum flywheel and is drilled for the Ford Flathead/Long 11” pressure plate, which requires a large bearing. I can’t find any numbers on the fork either, but I’m assuming that’s a GM piece.

Really appreciate any help that someone can give me. Keep striking out on this one!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. swifty

swifty

So what you need is the throwout bearing carrier. I looked at the Trans-Dapt page in my 60s Weiand catalog and it did not give any details on throwout bearing or carrier. Your throwout fork appears to be Chev so you need a carrier which suits your T10, OD matches your Aetna bearing and recess to suit your Chev fork. Maybe a Chev guru like @squirrel on here can point you in the right direction.

kidcampbell71 and Shaun1162 like this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

4. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Oh man- thank you for the link. I just wish I had seen this a month ago! Looks like I’m up a creek without a paddle… I had a 60 engine in the car, but went to a 63 after this one had water in it. Now it looks like the bell housing won’t work ☹️

Does anyone have a Trans-Dapt GD trans adapter?!

5. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Check out Fabcraft and see what he can do for you. I'll dig through my notes and see who else I can come up with..

Home - Fabcraft Metalworks

6. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Thanks for the link. Engine builder assured me he tested my bellhousing, but I’ve got doubts.

Looks like 60 vs 61 have two bolts that are different… Oh well maybe I can make it work.

Ended up finding throwout bearing- looks like 57ish GMC truck.

squirrel likes this.