Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Impala rear seat in 55 chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fry, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

I'm wanting to put 63/64 impala seats in my 55. The buckets are easy enough and I see them online a lot, I'm wondering about the rear bench.
    How is the fit, how much of a pain is it?
    Any pictures? I have been searching and have only found the odd broken photobucket link, but lots of people saying it was pretty popular back in the day to put front & rear seats along with the console in 55s.
    Thanks.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Packrat

Packrat

I don't have a picture but we've had a 67 Impala rear seat in our 57 hardtop since the 70's. Fits pretty good.

3. A pal of mine used the interior from a '64 Impala SS in his '55 Chevy back in 1966 , the 2 bucket seats and the rear seat. he also used the door panel but had a trim shop add carpet to the bottom, at least that what he claimed, it looked great. HRP

kidcampbell71, Elcohaulic and 302GMC like this.
  4. My brother had a 56 2 door ht with both the bench and rear seat from a 62 Impala many years ago . The cool part about the rear Impala seat is the recessed speaker with the chrome bezel and Impala logo. From what I remember it worked pretty well . A cool 60s car in grey primer , red interior, 327, 3 speed , foxcraft shifter and 57 Plymouth hubcaps . He paid $350 for it . Just a cool ole 56 for a 16 year old kid . I'm glad my memory still works . Those were good days .

5. Would think you just need to measure the width of the seat and then trim and fit the upper part of the seat at the package tray area to make it fit with the speaker area. I know we had to modify the package tray area when we stuck the 60 T bird seat in Taboo.

6. Part of the reason so many 63-4 Chevys with buckets were stolen.

7. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Do you have an idea of how many 64-4 Chevys with broken bucket seats were stolen?
    Is there a national registry for such a situation?

8. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Thanks for the replies, anyone have any pictures of the back seat in a 55?

9. this 55 was in Street Rodder some years ago

[​IMG]