Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Packard V8 Header Flanges needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mddan, Aug 3, 2021.

1. mddan

mddan
    from Newark, DE

I am doing a Studebaker PU with a heavily modified Packard V8 and would like to build some custom headers for it. However, the source that I thought I found Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle that used to make head flanges for this engine is no longer making any flanges of any kind. Would like to know if anyone bought a set they don't need or know if anyone else makes them. I realize this is like looking for a unicorn, but thought I would at least put a request out there.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. wvenfield

wvenfield

Anyone with a good plasma cutter should be able to make you a set. A friend got one and he is making a set for another friends Hudson.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Do you have a gasket??? guy next door takes a picture with his phone and sends it to his PC, cleans it up and then sends it to the table all the work is done up to that point and extras are just pennies, have extras made

4. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Find a buddy who has access to a CAD station. Take the gasket to them and have a model made. Export a .dxf file and send it to your favorite steel shop with laser. Crank a couple dozen out and sell them on your favorite website. Be prepared there are probably only about 3 people a year that are building snooted up Packard V8's.

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Make on some butcher paper by just rubbing with your finger. Cut a little extra for the thickness of the tubing. Cut them out and go to shop with a water jet or call on and send one or them in an envelope. Today it really isn’t a big deal at all.

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I made my own on a Bridgport. Not a big deal. You could check with Jack Vines to see if he has some V8Packard on here or the otherway round. I do have a steel templet of a Packard flange I might part with if you want a pattern.

Budget36 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

upload_2021-8-3_19-29-29.jpeg I sent HRC&C dimensions for a Packard flange. I guess you could just use the stock Packard exhaust for a pattern. Here is a photo of the test flange HRC&C made and I tried on my Packard to confirm it fit. The whole thing is there, just not in the photo. For Sale

Budget36 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack Vines is a good suggestion. He is a master Packard V8 engine builder. You may also want to try PackardInfo.com website. There are a couple of posters there who hop-up Packard V8s. Jack posts on the site.

9. @PackardV8

Jack Vines
    Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
    Spokane, WA
    509-953-6023

10. mddan

mddan
    from Newark, DE

Jack is working on my engine as we speak. I am aware of plasma and water jet machining these, just thought I would see if anyone had a set from previous projects that did not make it, or did someone have a pattern handy. The Packard V8 exhaust gaskets are 3 separate items, ends and center siamesed, not one long gasket, which would of course make it a whole lot easier. The exhaust ports are raised from the casting. So I could do some sort of tracing and accurate measuring.

11. mddan

mddan
    from Newark, DE

A pattern would be great! Let me know if I can buy or borrow.