Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Made a deal for my dream car. '36 Ford 3 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cretin, Sep 18, 2016.

1. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Glad no one was injured and if anyone has the skill to build that coupe right it's you......good luck

2. cretin

cretin

Yea, most of the parts were in it when I went to pick it up. Glad we decided to take them all out and put them in the truck.

Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. It'll be a bit before I get moving on this project, I've got to get some other stuff done first. But once I figure out the frame solution, and get working on it I'll keep you guys updated on it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Ouch! Glad it wasn't worse!

cretin likes this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see you still have this in your collection of neat stuff...jeeze the dust has hopefully settled on this one

It's well in your capabilities to make it right...is this next in line to the 54 I think you customizing?...

Happy New Year...

brady1929 likes this.
  5. 0nedon

0nedon

dreams do come true

brady1929 likes this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd like to see the '54 and Model T get some updates. Happy New Year! Bob

Stogy likes this.
  7. cretin

cretin

Well, I didn't see this come up back in Jan. of 2020, but I suppose I should update on the saga that is the my life which of course includes this '36.
    This car has now survived a wildfire as well. At this point I have some reservations about getting this car on the road. What else is going to happen?! I suppose a good name for this car is the "Calamity Coupe"
    There are updates on the fire in both of these threads. Choose one or the other if you want to see, the updates are the same.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/54-chevy-210-post-build.969489/

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/23-model-t-build.986519/

But, it has almost been a year since the fire, and I'm finally making forward progress into building a new garage. I had a battle with the state, which is what has taken so long to get to the point to even start thinking about the rebuild, but that battle is finally over. Now it's time to make progress. Of course, that will take time, but once the garage is up, I want to get going on this car.

I hope I can make an update soon. In the meantime, all i have is the only photo I have of the '36 after the fire. it doesn't really look like the car in the photo because I ended up with a free spare roof off of a 5 window, and it is sitting on the front of the car, so you basically just see the burned off car cover, and the white roof insert of the 5 window roof.

IMG_1742(1).JPG

Well, hopefully soon, it's onward and upwards.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

upload_2017-8-7_1-57-35.png

Reminds me of Saturday nights in the 1960's at the Danbury Racearena. Good luck with the rebuild. :)

Bob

Stogy likes this.
  9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

My favorite 36 3window is Mark Morton's chopped version.