Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Hamber needs this 32 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

A HAMBer needs to save this 32 Roadster from the BILLET Gold Chain Guys ...
    It is a original Henry body and has some cool touches ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-Re...39QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6057QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is not my car ... nor do I know the owner ... but it is COOL ... IMHO
    I would love to own it myself ... but already have too many irons in the fire at the present time ...

I would keep the way it is ... and just drive the wheels off of it

:)

2. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

I'll do it!....

*Looks at price*

Uhh, nevermind. :D

3. pistinbroke

pistinbroke

Nice car. I would love to own it, but I would only end up with half (after my wife left..........) No, really it's a nice looking car, and a decent price for a 32, but still to rich for me.

4. RodLand

RodLand

From the looks of the buy it now price, it is already Gold Chain.

5. bonesy

bonesy

It's my car. It kills me to sell this car, but I'm investing in some property. I've done a lot of work to "un-streetrod" but it still has a little was to go. (I was getting ready to put a Nailhead / 5pd in it) I hope it goes to a good home.

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If 50 k shows up at this house before that auction is over I'm going to New Mexico and driving it home. Like Deuce said I'd leave it alone and just drive it. On second thought I would change the traction system in the rear. This one is similar to my '32 5w and it will beat you to death after a few miles on the road. Other than that I'm thinking an annual oil change and keep the tank full.

Frank

7. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

I'll give you $50 and a six-pack for it! :D

Haha, just kidding. It's a really nice car, and I'd buy it if I had the funds. Hopefully it goes to a good home!

8. lolife

lolife

I don't trust him. Besides it's not "a real 32 Ford Roadster" if it has a vega cross-steer. If you don't change lanes when you hit a bump, then it's a GM.

;)

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

A HAMBER aint got that kinda money !!!!

10. lolife

lolife

not for wasting anyway. You could build a 3-window and a roadster new for that kind of money ("real glass" of course).

Monuments have their place, just not on the road.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

That car should sell, thanks for taking the time to take the photos. If I had the bucks I'd buy it and take a month to tour the SouthWest. :)

12. That's not the first time it's been on E-Bay,

He is looking for alot of money for that car.

13. bonesy

bonesy

Thank You

14. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

As 32 Fords go ... it is not a unreasonable price IMHO ...
    I already have one 32 Roadster and cannot justify another at the present time ( with the 32 Ford 3W coupe project taking every spare nickel and dime :) ) But I would love to own it and theres quite a few folks here who can afford it ...

15. TimDavis

TimDavis

I love how people post a response loaded with opinions when the man that owns the car has posted on the very thread.....

Nice car man -

16. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

ditto, I'd love to have it, in a few years this will seem dirt cheap too. How about a trade for a 37 Ford, a Model A roadster, three 4-wheelers, umm..a riding mower?... lets see what else I can come up with...

17. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Bonesy,
    You have a very nice rod there! I hope that she sells, It is definitely my kind of Hot Rod!
    I like what you have done with it and I think that it would be furter enhanced with the addition of an early Cad or Olds with the way the car is set up now.
    If I already didn't have a flatty powered part Brookville bodied-all gennie framed & powered one, I'd definitely consider one like this.
    This is a great car for someone so I'll keep an eye on the auction just to see what the outcome is.
    Good luck,
    Kevin

18. bonesy

bonesy

I don't mind, every one is entitled to their opinion. I've bought and sold many cars. I've always though - if you don't like it, can't afford it, don't want it than don't buy it.

19. bonesy

bonesy

This is the first time I have had it on eBay.

20. hatch

hatch
    from house

Nice car....just not reality for someone that works for a living....has kids....mortgage.....car payment, and wants to take family vacations ocassionally......have a little extra cash at Christmas time.....and the big one.....is married and wants to stay that way.

21. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Hatch.... I understand your choice.

Some of us choose Hot Rods and to wait til we found a lady that understands.
    It took me all my life,except the last 3 years,to have stuff and a lady understands(that wasn't on some kindda speed) :eek:

Guys I just sold my 32 basket....... about 2/3's of what this Quit CRAPIN' on him :)

22. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

Anybody ever thought of making one of these cars the H.A.M.B. car??? You know, a bunch of guys donate a little cash to buy the damn thing and they all hold a "share" in the car and then we turn around and store it... I don't know... it's an idea to keep it from getting Boydified...

Edit: Did I say store??? I meant driiiiiiive!!!

23. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I did NOT know that bonesy ... a HAMBer owned the roadster ...

This price of this neat stuff has been hashed out over and over again ...
    If you want it and can afford it ... buy it ...
    If not ... :eek: it's back to the " salt mines " ...

I would love to love a P-51 Mustang warbird ... but they are WAY out of my price league ... but I do not put them or the guys who have one down ... and there is not enough time (years ) left for me to make enough money in the " salt mines " to own one ...

[​IMG]

This one belongs to Jack Roush ... the NASCAR guy
    The HAMB is a wide and wonderfully diverse place ... from teenagers to young married guys. Middle age guys to old retired fellows. A few special ladies are also in the mix. Finances range just as much. 40 plus years ago I could buy cool 32 Fords for $1,000 ... but guess what ... I was making less than a dollar a hour ... so $1,000 then could be $50,000 now ...

I am fortunate to finally ( after 40 years of working :rolleyes: ) to own two old cars that I really want, and plan on keeping for the rest of my life. I really enjoy a roadster , and hope that this eBay roadster goes to someone who would appreciate it for what it really is. I sincerely hope that someone from the HAMB gets this Roadster ... and that was the ONLY reason for the original post.

Randy ...

24. Sorry 'bout that, must have been another really cool 32 roadster, but done very similar.

Good luck selling it, and I hope it goes to a good home and not some dumb ass that will turn around and add every blister pack item he can find for it.