Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Woodard Dream Cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tacson, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Tacson

Tacson

Hello Gang,

Hey I will be going to the Woodard Dream Cruise this year in my late model O/T daily driver crossover. I was wondering if anyone had a source for FRIDAY and Saturday parking a block or two over from Woodard? I know there is one APP that lists parking spots but I wanted to see a Hamber had anything. I'm willing to pay. I would like the convenience of grabbing my folding chair, and a small cooler and a reasonable distance to sit on Woodard somewhere and watch the cruise. If anyone has leads please private message me. Thats Friday 8.20 and Saturday 8.21.

2. Deuces

Deuces

Get there early... Say around 6:00 or 7:00 am and park along one of the side streets close to Woodward Ave.,....
    And wait an hour or so for the action to happen.....;)

3. Tacson

Tacson

Deuces that is absolutely no problem. I just want to be sure I'm not parking in a spot where I will be towed. Walk back to my vehicle and it's gone because I parked in the wrong spot.

Deuces likes this.
  4. finn

finn

I never had a problem finding a legit free parking spot on a side street, at least for a Mustang or Cherokee, as long as I get there relatively early. Don’t wait until late morning, though.

Haven’t been there for about four years, though, so things may have changed. Been going since at least 2000: in fact, I wore the 2000 Woodward Cruise t shirt to our local event last Saturday. It still fit.

Just don’t drive a crew cab pickup or Suburban and get there at noon and expect to find parking within a couple blocks easily.

Deuces likes this.

5. When we attended in 2014 we parked in a church for a 10 dollar offering and they gave us access to their activity building to cool of and restrooms, both important when it's hot and sunny, plus the had a couple of members that kept their eyes on the cars.

For the life of me I don't remember the name of the church but they parked all the members of the '54 Ford Club of America that day. HRP

Deuces and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  6. Tacson

Tacson

Finn thanks. I will be in one of small foreign suvs. So parking will be no easy.

HRP,
    THAT would be the utopia of what I'm looking for. Restroom and a cooling spot. I will have my car show folding car and a small cooler with water and gatorade. It would be nice to sit on Woodard a while then take my chair and cooler back to the car, go eat somewhere or ride the free trolley, came back and start over again with the chair and cooler. :)

Deuces likes this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

You could leave your chair and cooler right where it's at... No one there will swipe those... Just ask the good folks to keep an eye on your stuff and they will... You could also return them the favor.....;)

8. One way or another I will be there with a O/T vehicle or the 34 truck...

The late hour grind goes on to make drive...

Deuces likes this.
  9. Several of the guys with the '54 Ford Club of America said that although the event is cool it's not as good as when they were teenagers, then again what is?

I can imagine all the cool hot rods and new muscle cars roaming the streets back in the 60's.

Granted I was a little disappointed not seeing a sea of hot rods bumper to bumper, but there was some cool muscle cars and lots of newer muscle cars,but then again we were in Michigan where they build them, it was impressive but there also was hundreds of mini vans and daily drivers.

I couldn't help thinking about Pigeon Forge ,Tennessee which was a sea of hot rods back in the day but it now pales in comparison to what it once was, I have to remind myself if I had never experienced the hoards of hot rods & customs back in it's hay day what we see now may be considered Utopia. HRP

Deuces likes this.
  10. AaronThomasArt

AaronThomasArt
    from Oxford, MI

If you can come the week before, it's way better. You can actually cruise and see some really cool cars. The actual day of the cruise (Saturday) is awful, in my opinion.