Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Kellison fiberglass front end, FOUND for my gasser.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vectorsolid, Jul 18, 2009.

1. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

You know how you get lucky once in your life?.

Here's what I found for my gasser project. :)

I was actually pretty happy with the condition when it got here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  2. Damn, cool! I would have bought it just to put in my living room. I would shit can those scoops and put on a nice teardrop. Nice catch!-MIKE:eek::D

3. Good score! I hope it fits your car better than the one I have for my '57. How old is the ad you showed in your post? I want that German helmet.

4. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

ad, from 1966 popular hot rodding. I'm interested in the signature on the front end. It looks like it says, "Tim", be badass if it was "Jim", as in Jim Kellison. Just fun to wonder about. :)

We'll see how ti fits in a week or two. Got a big honey-do list.

I think the scoops should go too. Unless they were a factory thing... But I doubt it.

I may leave this thing the color and patina it is. just fix the holes.

5. oj

oj

For some reason i was thinking Kellison was in PA.

6. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Hey, that's cool. Kellison fiberglass is what was used on the front clip and doors of my own '55 Chevy Gasser. It was original to the build of the car back in 1964.

7. Great find, I woulda bought if even though I don't have a '55. Would make great wall art while it waits to be used for a future project.

8. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thats a cool find! :D

9. Muttley

Muttley

I'm resurrecting this ancient thread because I scored a gen-u-wine Kellison German helmet a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully no one painted over the tag inside, it's marked 'Harry'.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I had sent for one of those German helmets in 66'. I don't remember it being fiberglass; more like black Car model type plastic so not positive was a Kellison. Kicked around on the back seat of my 65' Comet for 5 or 6 years; I can't remember what happened to it. I think it cost a whole $1.50 or so!

11. Muttley

Muttley