Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Collector car appreciation day...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Isn't today "Collector car appreciation day"? We are getting together at the local "Rita's" frozen custard for a cruise in this evening. Anyone else doing anything?

guthriesmith likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Thought it is this coming Friday. At least that is when our local AACA club in Victoria is taking a cruise to a nearby town and taking in a fish hatchery, a small museum, stopping for lunch and going to another nearby town and taking in a movie (Bonnie & Clyde - special showing just for us) in an old but refurbished theater before returning home.
    Great excuse for a club cruise whether Friday is correct day or not. Jimmie

stillrunners likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. squirrel

squirrel

"The SEMA Action Network (SAN) announced that the latest Collector Car Appreciation Day (CCAD) will be officially celebrated on July 9, 2021. The date marks the twelfth consecutive commemoration in what is now an annual holiday to raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society."

It's all about marketing :)

5. Oh, I forgot that our club has its get together early to avoid the horrible beach traffic on Friday...

In the words of Anna Roseanna Annadanna: "never mind"!

guthriesmith and stillrunners like this.
  6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yea, I was gonna say, there is no way they would schedule this on a Tuesday. Really only a Friday or a Saturday would make sense.

7. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

Our car club will be celebrating the day at our local park here in Danbury, Texas. We've had good turnout in years past and looking forward to another great turnout this year. Main Street Steakhouse BCCC_1 (1).jpg

stillrunners likes this.
  8. 2935ford

2935ford

Well, at my house every day is.......
    National Collector Car Appreciation Day! :)

HSF, stillrunners, 1956 F100 and 2 others like this.
  9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I appreciated mine last night, went on it's maiden voyage into town, ran perfect, even had lights on the way home. Might do it again Friday. 20210706_202430.jpg 20210706_203236.jpg

10. I didn’t realize there was a Collector Car Appreciation Day, but will plan to drive my Thunderbird to work Friday in celebration of that. On a related note, I also plan to drive it all the days until then. :D

On a serious note, maybe I can influence a few co-workers to do the same Friday since I now know there is an official day for appreciating this old junk. :cool:

Turnipseed, Dos Cincos and blowby like this.
  11. silent rick

silent rick

collector car? i drive a hotrod.

HSF, catdad49 and guthriesmith like this.
  12. Well...I sent out an email to several co-workers to try to coerce them into driving their old stuff Friday. We will see what kind of turnout I can get with 1500 employees where I work. Hoping to find out folks have stuff in garages that I have no idea they have... These “collector” cars are meant to be driven. :D

Turnipseed and Dos Cincos like this.
  13. So, just as a follow-up...we had a whole 7 car turnout for this deal at my work and had exactly one that was HAMB-friendly that actually happens to be a daily driver for some idiot (pictured in front). I was told by several that they needed more than 2 days notice for something like this, but at least a few got their “collector cars” out. :D
    FF15DC3E-840F-4056-A7D8-76697FA71E35.jpeg

Jalopy Joker and blowby like this.
  14. 56MercMan

56MercMan

We had 3 out of the 5 over the years... Only ones we have not had were the 2 birds.

15. Lol...I had not thought about that, but now that you mention it, the ones not shown in the pic were another mid-70's vette and an early 70's Camaro. I have owned examples of all 7. :oops:

16. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Did I get this right? The guy with the T-bird is an idiot because he drives his
    car or did I cross read something? Seems to me the idiots are the ones
    that own cars they can't just step into and drive away.

17. Lol...my attempt at a joke. That’s my daily. :rolleyes:

I agree completely.

18. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

To show my appreciation for both of my collector cars ('56 Nomad, '40 Ford coupe) I drove them to the gas station and put gas in them. They didn't say thanks but I know they were thinking it!

guthriesmith likes this.
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

First in show!

guthriesmith likes this.
  20. Yea, but that is only because I showed up earlier than everyone else. ;) And, if I would have taken the pic from the other direction, it would have been too OT to post on here. :D

TrailerTrashToo likes this.