Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sad news… car accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullit68, Jun 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

So sad RIP my brother , prayers to family

Stogy likes this.
  2. R.IP man This is what I been able to find . I have a pic from the other side & wll post it below.
    According to Westmoreland County 911, rescue crews were dispatched at 8:14 a.m. to South Center Avenue near Sandworks Road in response to a report that a person had been thrown from a vehicle.

Investigators at the scene said the victim, whose identity had not been released, was found on the ground next to a 1930 Ford Roadster that sat facing south on the northbound berm of South Center Avenue in front of New Life Tabernacle. State police said the man apparently lost control of the vehicle.

“It appears that it was traveling north into New Stanton and looks like it got down into the culvert,” said Robert Cammarata, chief of New Stanton Volunteer Fire Department.

[​IMG]

Lil32, Hamtown Al and Stogy like this.
  3. Very sad. I don't like roadsters. I rode in a friends once and I will never ride in another unless it has a roll bar and seat belts (period correct of course). I won't ride in a car with out seat belts period.

I didn't like that open car feel everyone raves about., I was thinking about the fact there was nothing to protect me in a crash, not my idea of a fun time.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    loudbang, chopped, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Sincere sympathy to family and friends. " Lord blanket them with your peace ,grace and mercy in there time of heartache and loss ." " Protect them in there time of vulnerability "

spudshaft, SS327, Randall and 3 others like this.
  5. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Robert, I guess no motorcycles for you either.
    T-shirts because motorcycles don't have doors. Ron

6. No, they are like Roadsters cool to look at when they are parked, but I don't want to be involved once they are in motion.

Tman likes this.
  7. Truckedup

Truckedup

Just curious, what type of vintage cars do you drive?

8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

This is a very sad sad thing to happen . Let’s face rage facts none of the early cars are as safe as a OE ride. Sometimes driver error can not be calculated into a safety factor .

This is way off topic , the motorcycle thing for me is so hard to understand , in my state you are not required to wear a helmet , but you are required to wear a seat belt . I do wear my seat belt and harness daily , it’s routine . Somewhere the safety calculations are a miss . I ride and have ridden the “rolling coffin “ for years . Yes I did ride with no brain bucket for years . Do I wear it now ? Damn right I do !

For those feel riding in a roadster is unsafe , so are left hand turns at any time . Do you avoid left hand turns ? Just be an adult and use your brain , and be as safe as possible . Your error in judgement is one of the largest safety issues you can control .

rbrewer, loudbang, fauj and 1 other person like this.
  9. Is it just me or does it look almost like off-road tires on the rear in the pic? Maybe swapped ends around a corner? Sad news.

10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Probably none at all.
    Probably too scared. I’m thinking he was one of those kids that wouldn’t ride a bicycle because he might have skinned his knees falling down.:D:D

low down A and trollst like this.
  11. I drive 1953 Chevrolet two door post 261 Chev. that I have done in a late 50s early 60s style.

I am currently building a model A for true vintage oval track racing. Think South East Gassers for oval track racing modern safety fuel cells, fire suits etc. Real men race not just putter around on the street.@Blue One

If people want to build and drive roadsters/ build and ride motorcycles that's fine I have no issue with that, they just aren't for me.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  12. trollst

trollst

I drive my 36 ALOT, I don't wear a belt in it, although I do in everything else, my 36 only has lap belts, I know I'm gonna get hurt in it, so I've chosen my poison, face first into the all metal truck, or roll around inside and possibly outside. Everybody who rides with me understands that they aren't safe in an old car, to wear a belt is their choice. That, my friends, is part of the magic of our hobby.

13. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

Sad deal but the reality is, in these old cars even with belts you're going to get messed up in an accident. What about the metal dash and big ass uncollapsable steering wheel and column? When you drive an old solid car, you are the crumple zone, not the car. I very seldom wear my seat belt in my 59 f100 and my 53 Plymouth doesn't have any and they are all I drive. I have no newer car than the 59. When not driving I ride a motorcycle. Just be careful and accept the fact that if you crash, you are going to get hurt or die. Seatbelt or not.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    firstinsteele and low down A like this.
  14. timeflies

timeflies
    from Guthrie OK

It’s about risk! Don’t intend to be cavalier about the matter but it is the reality of the subject at hand. I trust the driver knew this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.