Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sourcing cycle fenders for 23 T Bucket.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tow Truck Tom, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Hey Hi Tom here in Delaware. First time posting. My buddy just acquired a T bucket and will need to hang fenders for DE inspection as we have none. Anybody direct us to a good supplier? I understand the picture custom and will try to get back with some.
    Any advice is appreciated

2. 34Phil

34Phil

3. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Thanks Phil for the picture link. To my surprise I just checked the DE site for Rods # 14 says Fenders - Street rods shall not be required to have fenders on wheels. Yay.

Bob Lowry and dana barlow like this.
  4. 5window

5window

Still not a bad idea. Open wheels throw stones and you won't have much protection in a T-bucket.

5. pitman

pitman

Used a rear Lincoln,
    Continental tire cover that was SS Steel. Made 2 cycle fenders using 5/8 dia tubing for mounts. Worked out well, esp. in rain.

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Looks like the OP doesn't need the fenders after all, just thought I'd put this out there for anyone finding this thread in a search later on. I get the Northern Tool catalog regularly (buy something from them once and you get the catalog forever I guess), and I've seen these trailer fenders that might have potential for somebody trying to fabricate some fenders onto their rod:
    https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&ipp=48&Ntt=trailer+fenders

saltflats and Bob Lowry like this.
  7. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

8. 5window

5window

The problem is, and always has been, that the fender needs to be supported from just one side without twisting. Motorcylce fenders don't lend them selves to this as they are made to be supported from both sides. Boat trailer fenders and spare tire covers are often used but it is difficult to find attachments that are strong enough and tastefully done. It you are going to use front cycle fenders look at a lot of them in person before making yours up.

9. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

That is where the ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness of being a hot rodder comes in.

5window and Bob Lowry like this.
  10. X2 on the early spare tire covers....pretty sure that's what they used back in the day.