Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hagan auto parts selling out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Jun 4, 2021.

1. birdman1

birdman1

Just called Hagan about a water pump for my 430 Lincoln engine. They don't have any and said that they are selling out their inventory and closing the doors. They have been in business for awhile now. Hate to see them go.

AHotRod likes this.
  2. It's happening everywhere.:(

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  3. 2935ford

2935ford

If you have doubles (parts) for your car......better hang on to them.........

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  4. Where is Hagan? Specialty parts? Either way, sad deal.

5. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

6. Thats a shame,wonder if some one will keep it going

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

This is so sad, but I see it getting to be more and more in the next few years.
    They have been in business since 1945.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's another thread on it. Sad to see them go. This is another mom and pop operation where the owners are seriously wanting to retire and along with not having anyone to hand the company down to don't have any honest offers to buy the business. A good part of that may be because the people behind the counter are far more the reason for the business's success than just the inventory on the shelves.

HemiDeuce and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  9. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Have used their vent window delete kit for years. Wish I had bought more from them.

10. It happens this way a lot. Someone starts a business based on a passion for the (insert hobby, activity, product, whatever) and works their ass off to provide a good product, good service and customer satisfaction. Their plan is to make a living and provide for their family while running a business they enjoy and be proud of. Their kids get what they need in life (including college) but see how hard Mom and Dad work, and don't want that, but they DO want the $$ it generates, so that is their goal, IF they take it over. Also, the four kids who worked summers there each want to make the same kind of money M & D did, so if the business is taken over by the next generation, there isn't enough $$$ to go around (think of family owned farms as an example).
    In order to sell an active company Mom and Dad show buyers the spread sheet, and the buyer (who has a MBA and sees the business as a 'revenue stream') takes a look and says ' good business, but I need to pump up the bottom line because I'm being financed by investment capital, and I want to make big $$ myself), so IF the business gets new owners, it still goes to hell because the service and customer commitments go down the drain in exchange for the $$$.
    It's sad to see, but we have become a society of instant gratitude and wealth. I'm sure though, as sad as we are to see our support businesses close, the proprietors are even sadder to see their life's work fade away.

RidgeRunner, warbird1, Rckt98 and 7 others like this.
  11. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Most of the kids see money in selling the business and the farm and moving out to the beach.Happen to a peach orchard close to me now a concrete building warehouse farm.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I think you're thinking Hagan Street Rod Necessities www.haganauto.com

OP was referring to Hagen's Auto Parts in Puyallup, WA
    www.hagensautoparts.com

Confusing with such similar names.