Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 31 model A light bar on a 32 grill.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coody, May 23, 2021.

1. coody

coody

With out cutting light bar.is there a way to bend , grind inside bar to clear the grill? Or am I going to have to buy a 32 bar to fit a model A. Also looking to keep the original lights just update them tks in advance!!

2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I built a dropped headlight bar for my V8 A and had to cut the center bar out between the cast ends and put in a bent tube to clear the grill. Didn't come out bad but found a stainless headlight bar and gave it to a friend who used it on his 30 roadster. sport coupe 008.JPG sport coupe 009.JPG image0 (1).jpeg

Stogy likes this.
  3. coody

coody

the bar is arched up from headlight to headlight. i was looking at this and what if you cut the bar close to each bucket and turn it out a 1/4 of a turn and the arch then moves forward.looks like it would work but hate to cut it and not work out.

Stogy likes this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just sold a dropped curved headlight bar for a 30/31 with 32 Grill a couple of months ago. I had bought it off Ebay from 32Partsguy for my 32 Vic that was supposed to have full fenders.
    A super nice show quality piece that had the bar curved rather than bent.
    I don't see one for sale now but a guy could either cut and rotate or heat (on both ends just inside the headlight) the bar and bend it forward enough to clear.

IMG_0564.JPG

Stogy likes this.

5. coody

coody

i was thinking the same.somehow bend the bar.Use what i got. good info & ideals here tks!!

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That one was a stainless tube on investment cast stainless ends but outside of the cups for the lights to sit in you would argue that it was one piece. It might be more productive to cut and rotate the bar.

Stogy likes this.
  7. clem

clem

Can you not heat and stretch it to where it needs to be ?
    Just like dropping a bar......