Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Memorial pinstriping and hand lettering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Matt55folife, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

I know theres other threads about pinstriping and lettering but does anybody have any pictures of memorial pinstripes or hand lettering on their cars? Im gonna get my 55 pinstriped and want to put something for my dad hid in the pinstriping or a little bit of lettering somewere and need some ideas to show my painter. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

Nobody have or seen anything like im talking about? Surely theres something out there!

3. Had my dad's nickname put on the dash of my 30...its the only pin striping on the car.
    I just told the guy I wanted "Link" in cursive on the dash and turned him loose
    Chappy
    20210418_080118.jpg

R A Wrench, Deuces, OG lil E and 4 others like this.
  4. A long time ago I decided to do a memorial to people who have influenced me in my craft and did so on my Safari wagon. I'm still adding things to it to this day.There is also a picture of a car I did for a good friend of mine to remember his dad who was also a good friend. RJsCar.jpg Billetproof02.jpg DJeffries1.jpg Picture 181.jpg Picture 182.jpg RightFrontFender1.JPG ScrollOfSorrow2015 001.jpg Sos99.jpg

R A Wrench, Deuces, OG lil E and 6 others like this.

5. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

I like that. Sweet and simple. Thanks for sharing!

Deuces likes this.
  6. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

Awsome! Love all the lettering!

Deuces likes this.
  7. Budget36

Budget36

I’d bet a tattoo artist could offer up some good insights/renderings as well. Always thought those folks would be great stripers too.
    Me, I can’t draw a straight line with a ruler;)

Deuces and Matt55folife like this.
  8. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Nice!!

I would use the font from the 50s and 60s. I don't know why they quit using it..

9. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1591.JPG IMG_1592.JPG well i got some pinstriping on my 55 this past weekend at steel in motion. I wasnt real sure what exactly i wanted so i just told the painter to keep it simple but cool. So he put some on the hood and trunck lid but The best of all though is he put my dads name on the dash. Hes been gone for 27 years this month. Its about time that his name is on his car!!!

Deuces, safariknut, OzMerc39 and 3 others like this.
  10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Going to have my '39 Chev coupe gasser lettered soon, and since my dad's first new car was a '39 Chev I plan to have his name put on the driver's door just below the glass as the driver would. I doubt most people will know what it means since his name and my middle name are the same. But I'll know what it means.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not big on that style of personalization on a street driven hot rod but remember that years ago a striper in Texas could do exactly what you are thinking. Meaning he could hide a message in the striping that unless you knew what you were looking at you never saw it.

Matt55folife likes this.
  12. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

I sometimes think my dad is hanging with me while I'm tuning or making adjustments to my car. He always liked Chevys but I always had Pontiacs. Now, after his passing, I get a Chevy and one he really liked 69 el Camino with a big block. We both loved making adjustments and trying different settings. That's why I can't understand how somebody could remove a points ignition. We used to have so much fun changing timing settings and experimenting. One thing I do that he didn't was write it all down. It was like he never wanted to be finished..

F-ONE, Matt55folife and Budget36 like this.
  13. Some great work by Alan Smith here in Oz !!!

20200516_154731.jpg

Deuces, Matt55folife and Elcohaulic like this.
  14. Matt55folife

Matt55folife

IMG_1603.JPG i had my pin striper paint this lil feller on the window post on my car. When we were painting the lace on my roof, (all 23 coats!) it seemed like every time we would shoot it a fly would land in it and attempt his luck at doing the back stroke thrugh the fresh paint! Which every time we would have to try and fish him and all his body parts out while trying not to trash the paint! It was real aggravating untill i was at home one evening and read a little article about flys showing up in weird places and that alot of people believed that it was just a loved one watching over you. I thought about that and just maybe it coulda been my pops just giving us a hard time seeing how we was painting his car! Either way i figured id put a fly on it because there was a few that gave their lives on my freshly painted roof and now they have a permanent memorial on the side of the car! Its a eye catcher that makes people ask questions and im happy to tell them the story behind it. And just maybe it was my pops just havin a little fun “bugging” us!!!

15. @safariknut, I've been watching the art progress on your wagon here on the HAMB for years and your work never ceases to amaze me! So awesome! E

Deuces likes this.
  16. Todd553

Todd553

My Dad on my roadster.
    IMG_2864.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2678.jpg

OG lil E and Matt55folife like this.
  17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Got the car lettered, but since everyone I contacted flaked out, I did it myself. Including dad's name on the door.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matt55folife, R A Wrench and OG lil E like this.
  18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I don’t get the memorial thing, I guess I don’t need to put something on a car to help me remember a loved one. It’s right here in my heart. I see daily drivers in my town with the whole back window with a memorial sticker , sort of boggles me. Sorry just my two cents.

Just Gary likes this.