Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Tech week voting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, May 21, 2021.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas, Tech week voting ends today. I must say that I am pretty shocked at the low voter turnout so far. These guys put a lot of effort into these threads and I am sure that we will all be smarter because of them..... It is pretty sad that the first place entry only has 20 some votes and there are hundreds of thousands of members here.... get off your asses and vote!!!

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ch-week-may-2021.1230244/page-2#post-14069554

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Done! I haven't been on here a ton lately. But I made sure I looked at each thread and chose the one that, to me, is pretty basic but not done nearly enouogh.

guthriesmith and Moriarity like this.
  3. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Done Mark.I think the low voting turnout was because there were so many Great ones to pick from.It was very hard for me .Thanks Guys.

kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.
  4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Done....but I have to admit, I haven‘t read all threads yet...

Moriarity likes this.

5. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mark, when was the last tech week? My suspicion is that there will be lots of current Hambers who possibly don't know what it is and certainly haven't experienced what it used to be like. Or maybe it's just that it's been quite a while and we've just got out of the habit of enjoying them? Am I right in thinking that previously there was nothing else posted during Tech Week? That might not be true but my recollection is that there was nothing but tech posts, or it felt like that was the case! I hope this last week is the first of a resurgence of Tech Weeks, and not a death rattle.

My vote was cast.

Chris

kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.
  6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I'll vote for ten guy's if you let me..

7. Voter turnout does seem especially low considering how many folk are even on here regularly. Thanks for sending out a reminder Mark!

8. 2935ford

2935ford

I agree, very hard to pick just one! :(

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  9. I will have to agree with Mark, I know how much time I spent putting it together and know the other guys spent the same or more. I’ll speak for myself in that I didn’t put the brake tech together to win, I put it together to help others who are looking for information. Tech week was a good excuse to do something I’ve been thinking about for a while.

Absolutely any of the tech week entry’s are deserving, thank you to the other guys who took the time to teach us all something!!

10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

It is puzzling that the vote count is as low as it is, considering the total number of views on the tech-week threads.

57 Fargo likes this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

Ya, I agree. I is kid of odd to see such a low vote count after the thread that got it kicked off.

12. Tech threads are a great part of this forum,
    there’s more than one way to skin a cat, good to see others ideas.

13. There are several great threads posted, and like Mark pointed they took the time to do a tech post and it just might be something you can use in the future. HRP

14. 31Apickup

31Apickup

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Mark, why does it need to end today?
    What would be wrong in extending the tech week ending date if the turnout is so low, who has the power to do this, maybe @Ryan.
    Hell, a lot more important things in our daily lives have been extended.
    I vote to extend the end date of tech week voting.

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

What happened to Pist-n-Broke tech week on Control Cable Repair?

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

possible for moderator to bump them all back up for another opportunity for another look ? - on active thread day here stuff moves down the line quickly and may be missed

18. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I voted several days ago. It was tough to choose... there are several great tips this year. GO VOTE!!

19. Budget36

Budget36

Check out the voting thread. Ryan mentioned a problem with the vote count.

20. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe offer an incentive to vote. A prize draw from the voter list for a hat, sweater, or one-year Alliance membership.

Yes, I know, the tech threads should be suffient reward on their own. But we all know how the world works. People ask: What's in it for me?

21. williebill

williebill

Thanks for the reminder. I used to be bad about procrastinating, but anymore, I never seem to get around to it.

Moriarity likes this.
  22. atch

atch

Well; I'm part of the problem. I've been dealing with family medical issues the last couple of weeks and haven't had time to catch up on the H.A.M.B. yet. So this evening I got on here and read all of the tech week threads in order to vote intelligently. Unfortunately I'm not intelligent enough to have read the ending time/date. I missed it by a few hours. Turns out I really couldn't have done it soon enough to count anyway. I win though 'cause I got to read and absorb all of the good information even though the thread I would have voted for didn't get my vote..

That said, kudos to EVERY person who made an entry. I didn't get my $0.02 worth in but I'm sure that whoever wins is deserving. I read every one of the entries and they ALL are winners.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  23. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

I think I voted, sorry it was confusing clicked the link read the threads and then used the same thread to say what I thought was best. If that was not the actual process then I guess I didn't.

I did enjoy reading them some great work on here as always!

24. No. You have to vote in the poll in the Tech week inex thread that Paul posted. Sticky at the top.
    Sent from my SM-J337V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I voted several days ago! My guy was winning, but not now! Lol:)

Bones

26. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Yeah guess being technologically challenged is not a good thing for trying to vote on a tech thread. Ironic huh?

Don't even know what a sticky is or how it works I like post it notes however I tend to lose the little pads they come in.

Tman likes this.