Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Todays adventure....Treasure!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jethro, May 19, 2021.

1. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So , it was time for todays adventure. My wife likes to do some rock hounding and my dog likes to well just be a 20210519_115852.jpg hound. We went to where we usually go and we found a trail we hadn't been on before. It is along the bottom of a ravine where people have been dumping cans and bottles etc. for years . I started climbing up from the bottom walking precariously on rusty cans and broken bottles. It's fairly steep so I gingerly made my way trying not to fall and break something or get tetanus. I found a 1964 BC license plate and several pieces of really badly bent stainless trim. I was just about to start back down when I spotted this. Best sleuthing looks like a 35 Ford but I'm no expert.....wadda ya think?

2. I have made good money on field finds like that. Looks 35

3. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

You took it with you, right?

chryslerfan55 and Johnny Gee like this.
  4. I think it's NOT a Dodge! Although I could be wrong

chryslerfan55 and Frankie47 like this.

5. 2935ford

2935ford

35 or 36 Ford I think.

6. You could build a car around that!

7. Squablow

Squablow

Definitely '35 Ford car. The hood side would probably still be worth something. The most interesting part in my opinion is how the louver moldings broke, the forward ones look like they were purposely shortened in that pattern, and the rear ones are grouped together like an arrowhead. Interesting.

image.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like great wall art to me.

9. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You bet I did !

My wife can design a whole room from a throw pillow or scrap of cloth , I gotta be able to make something outta this. I'm gonna go back to see if there's the rest of the coupe buried there.
    The louver trim is just broken there was no styling intended there . It's too bad the trim wasn't intact.

Jim Bouchard and chryslerfan55 like this.