Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help!! Body Mount woes...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TUMBLEWEED GARAGE, May 18, 2021.

1. Good day people, I am putting the body of my 1942 Chevrolet Coupe back on its chassis. This car was removed from the chassis 35+ years ago.
    About 20 years ago, I purchased a body mount kit from I&I reproductions. most of the body mount pads are self-explanatory except for the 4 pictured. I'm guessing the two slotted ones are for the core support. Any idea where the two odd shaped ones go.
    Right now, the body is sitting on the chassis with just flat washers between the Body and Frame.
    Any and all help is appreciated, thank you in advance! IMG_20210517_232959472.jpg IMG_20210517_232959472.jpg

2. The metal on the right used in lots of GM models. Usually under the core support to help align front sheet metal. Then between the cored support and the front fenders to help with fender alignment and hood gaps.

3. squirrel

squirrel

I seem to recall that decades ago when I did my 39 Chevy, there were some rubber pads available from I&I, but there was no evidence that Chevy ever used such a thing when they built the car...it was metal on metal.

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

fender bracket / headlight mount maybe?

5. larry k

larry k

Check the double bolt body mount at the bottom of the firewall to the frame left and right front .?.?.?

6. That's kind of what I was thinking.