Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Buried treasure

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pats55, May 14, 2021.

1. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

IMG-2281AVANTI.jpg I brought this poor thing home yesterday. I wish I was much younger. Poor things been laying behind the used car lot for years. They dropped it off at the shop to be restored. The shop totally stripped the car , some sort of disagreement happened. They restored the chassis and it's as far as it got. So it's sat in the back of a used car lot for years and just covered with mold. So I brought it home ,the chassis is perfect some good parts like a dash pad body panels are good. It cleaned up beautifully , the gel coat is gone I can fix that. If I was younger I would make a Bonneville racer out of it. Well maybe , it could happen

2. Did the doors and bumpers come with it? Really great treasure.

loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

we are green with envy

4. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

No doors no bumpers , no drivetrain , has it Dana rear with brakes. I need the front nose so I can put the original headlights back in my other Avanti. Its hard to find an original Avanti frame that is not rotted out All-in-all its a good score.

dana barlow, loudbang, Thor1 and 3 others like this.

5. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Thanks for saving it! I assume it's a '64 if you're posting it here. Hope it makes it back on the road sooner than later! :)

EDIT: I now see you'll be parting it out. That's still better than the track it was on!

6. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I went to the shop twice to see if they still had the parts and all they did was BS me. They really striped this thing to nothing. He claimed that the parts were in one of his rental properties and he didn't know where they were. Pretty hard not to spot an engine and trans and all those parts in a building you have to be blind.
    This was a 1966 4 speed model to restore it would be a fortune, and the value is not there these cars bring about 15,000 on a good day in show condition.A64 is bringing alot more,

7. Hope you can use some of it - chasse's aren't really the hard part to acquire - what if any the easy take off parts that are missing - are the money makers ! Wouldn't be the first repair shop to miss place parts.

8. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Nice save, doesn't need to be restored, hot-rodded will do just fine, thankyou. :D . Hardly ever see those modded. Go for it. :D .
    Marcus...

dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  9. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

PERFECT candidate to build a Kustom Avanti!

10. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I customised this one and getting mixed reviews. I'm going to put the original headlights back in that's why I brought this thing home. The chassis on the parts car is excellent which is a rare find And the nose piece is in great shape. You have to move the engine back when installing a big block in these cars. I've driven this thing for 33 years so it doesn't owe me to much. I'm thinking about adopting a son that's mechanical LOL. IMG-0342red avanti.JPG
    IMG-0342red avanti.JPG