Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Best Reference manual for 40 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ed Kasperek, Apr 28, 2021.

1. What would be the best reference manual for 1940 Ford? I see several for sale in the Carpenter catalog.
    And yes, I know the info is out there on the inter-web, but I want a hard copy in my shop

Tks Gents
    ed

2. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

I believe that the Early V8 Ford club publishes a restoration manual for the 1940 Ford. Might want to check with the Ford Barn site--they will know for sure.

3. When I was building my 40, I stepped up and purchased a Ford "Green Bible". Yes, it's for many years but it was my most valuable resource in the build, besides the HAMB, of course.

4. Tks Dan Thats the one that I was looking at

ed

5. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Get the book offered by the V-8 Club. It's written by Mike Kubarth a noted expert on the 1940 ford. 300 pages of pictures and descriptions of anything '40 Ford.

Nitroholic and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

Kubarth's book is the best. The Green Bible will be handy for lots of part number and enterchange stuff, but the Kube book gives details you won't find anywhere else.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

But there is really no publication that serves as a factory manual, say like is available for my 53 F100.

8. alchemy

alchemy

A factory manual, or a restoration manual? I don't think Ford was producing any books for the average Joe in 1940 to use while working on his own car. If they made a bound "manual" for their mechanics in the dealership, I've never seen one. I'm sure there were a myriad of repair documents (procedures, which tools, clearances and torques) passed from Detroit to the dealerships though.

9. Ordered Mikes book
    Tks Gents

10. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

But I would still buy a green bible too, it is helpful by a lot along with " It's Ford for Forty"