Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical A HUGE PILE OF QUICKCHANGE PARTS - PHOTO'S

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 26, 2021.

1. I ran across these parts this morning and they are for sale but what I know about quickchange parts could be written in a match book cover, I don't know if I'm looking at good parts or cool but worthless junk.

All vintage race parts, frankland , winters, Buick, etc, what do you think they are worth?

174818801_10208713003698063_7187263640990278563_n.jpg

175163089_10208713003538059_7742647652367284443_n.jpg

175397933_10208713003618061_7196096021004234553_n.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Not an expert either, but it seems to have the vintage Sprint Car vibe

Deuces and The Magic Ratchet like this.
  3. wicarnut

wicarnut

To me looks like a bunch of old modified or possibly old late model parts/pieces, the Buick drums were popular back in the day 60's 70's. There might be some gems there, to me it looks like all pieces would need to be gone through, more than likely someones junk pile that they just did not throw away. One mans junk is another mans jewel. IMO if you want a quick change, buy new as by the time you pay someone to fix all the old junk, new would be cheaper again IMO. we have a man on here that he's in the QC business, check with him.

4. alchemy

alchemy

Why don't you just tell us the price? We aren't gonna go buy them out from under you.

From your pics I'd say $500 is safe, but $1,000 is too much.

tractorguy and dana barlow like this.

5. Sorry man, I thought I posted the price, I coped it but obviously did paste it.

He want's $1,500 bucks, I have the contact information if anyone is interested. HRP

Deuces, 3W JOHN and Budget36 like this.
  6. jaracer

jaracer

Too big and heavy for a sprinter, more suited to modified/late model. Most sprint cars run an open tube rear axle.

Speedwrench, Deuces and tractorguy like this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I only see one QC housing in the bunch.

8. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

There's probably $1500 worth of parts there, but it will take awhile to recoup the investment. There is nothing special about any of the side bells. The Buick and Frankland brake drums and hubs are valuable if they are not cracked and in matched pairs. The 45 finned are more in demand than the 60s.
    there is quite a bit of work involved to clean, inspect and match up the various pieces. As DDDenny said, there is only 1 QC center in the lot, 2 no-changes.
    I think the seller is high for the 'as is lot price'. He doesn't want to invest the time and effort to maximize his profit.
    I'd offer $500 - $700 after looking it over closely. I'm sure some of it would be scrapped.

9. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Circle Track Racing is hard on parts, and from my experience, buying used is always a gamble. As Bruce stated, you find a lot of cracked aluminum, needing repair, along with seal surfaces, and the pockets where seals and races are set, are either sloppy, or beat to death with chisels and punches. The Frankland hubs are the best part. And who likes wide 5 stuff anyway !

uncleandy 65, tractorguy and thintin like this.
  10. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Right Marty,
    One thing about the Wide 5 hubs is that they normally have 5/8" studs. There are 1/2" replacements with the correct knurl, but they are getting spendy.

11. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

another thing to watch for-on the wide five aluminum hubs,check the threaded holes where the axles bolt in.We would usually find out we had a bent axle tube would be when the axle would come out.Heli-coil them until there was nothing left and then they got used as a front hub

tractorguy likes this.
  12. Yes, I would think most of these parts have seen their fair share of time on the dirt tracks and small bull rings that this area is known for, what really caught my eye was the finned Buick brake drums. HRP

3W JOHN and VANDENPLAS like this.
  13. He’s asking high , probably hoping for 800-1000

I would bet 500 cash and a little conversation could get them.

might be some gems in there but also maybe not.

the Buick drums are worth it if they are not junk

and the yuppies and gold chained would buy the scrap as wall hangers worst case.

if you have time to inspect it and sell off parts as opposed to a big lot I bet there’s money to be had in that pile.

14. Looks like the pile of parts I scrapped when I sold my modified. The new owner was smart enough not to take them, leaving me the hassle of moving and hauling them.

30tudor, Tman and hotrodjack33 like this.
  15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was thinking the same thing. Everything there looks WELL used and was probably removed from the car when they were thoroughly worn out.

16. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I would pass on this race car pile and buy new. wWnters or Halibrand center sections.

17. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

I'm looking for one of the wide five hub that uses a disc brake rotor. Like the one in the center of almost all three of the photos. I think mine that i am trying to match are Frankland.

Let me know what you have and price. Thanks!