Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Wing window issue on my 40 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ed Kasperek, Apr 24, 2021.

1. The PO of my 40 Tudor sedan decided to eliminate the wing windows, and I guess go with a larger 1 piece roll up window.

I like the wings and want them back. problem is, PO cut out the receiver for the wing post, and I have no idea what that piece looks like.

The weld it back in looks to not be a huge problem, but the location is critical to the operation of the wing

Suggestions appreciated

2. two couped up

two couped up
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from pa.

If they are 40 doors, the front glass run channel bolts at the top and the bottom to the inner door panel. The wing window is held in the garnish. See the picture, the channel is to the left of the holes marked with the tape, and it mounts inside the door, the garnish has the vent assembly, these are for a coupe but the tudor take the same front channel. You will also need lower window glass channel for a 40 tudor and the stainless division bar. Now if the PO used 39 doors you may have to do some body work and welding.

Attached Files:

olscrounger likes this.
  3. Jeezzz what a dumb a$$ I am. Didn't realize the entire wing window assy attaches to the inner garnish moulding 20210424_172843.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app