Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help with a few parts for my '34 Roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bandoola, Apr 21, 2021.

1. bandoola

bandoola

I'm debating whether or not to install the windshield wiper motor. I set it in the windshield frame, and with the top down - I think it looks funny. To me, it upsets the clean line of the frame. I know it's supposed to be on there - but, I don't see myself doing a lot of driving in the rain. If I do mount it - I've got the original motor, but where do I get the arm and blade?
    Next part I'm looking for is the under dash light - the one above the speedo. the clip is there, where do I get the actual light assembly.
    As always - thanks for the advice guys.

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the 70's a number of guys had them set up where they clamped on the windshield frame. Not that they ever ran them but having them in the car and being able to tell a police officer that "oh look here is what I do" and set the assembly on, turn a couple of thumb screws and plug it into a lighter plug usually avoided a no wiper ticket. It also got you past the annual safety inspection in Texas in that time frame.

dana barlow likes this.
  3. sdroadster

sdroadster

I made a clamp assembly as described, but used a hand operated wiper from a Model A.

4. bandoola

bandoola

Do you have a picture? I was thinking of doing the same. I figure it would fill the holes, and satisfy the cops.

5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. bandoola

bandoola

8. Keep in mind that a manual wiper may not pass inspection if the car has a manual trans. Not kidding.

By 'inspection' I mean when the cop at the side of the road is going over your car.

9. Can the wiper motor be attached to the top header, so it goes down with the top.

I would think Bob Drake would have the reproduction parts you are looking for.

10. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Ron Francis Wiring makes removable, windshield wiper mounts for '28-'31 and '32-'36 windshield frames. I have one for my Deuce roadster and I install it when I get my car Safety 23 inspected for N.S.R.A. I plug the wiper into a hidden, cigarette lighter socket. The part number for the '34 bracket is WB-33 and costs about $40. Wiper arms and blades are available from Bob Drake.

11. bandoola

bandoola

Thanks guys for all the info.