Register now to get rid of these ads!

AC gauges with a flathead?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 336ford, Apr 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 336ford

336ford
    from Eugene OR

I know very little about gauges. I picked up this gauge panel at a swap meet and I'm wondering if these can be adapted to use with a Ford flathead or of I need to sell them and go with something else. I just thought this panel had a great look for my '29 AV8 roadster project.

If anyone has seen and can ID this panel that would be great as well. 20210417_154955.jpg

2. Gauges are 1936 Chevrolet Master Deluxe and they look pretty good from here. Don,t know what the panel is but a wood-grain laminate would cover those ugly screws . I don,t think the gauges would mind working in a Ford. I can,t really say if you will have 6volt & 12 volt problems.

3. 336ford

336ford
    from Eugene OR

The screw heads are ugly, but that's something that can be dealt with. The voltage reduction is a simple matter, I believe. My question is about whether the speedo can be adapted.

4. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

No problem with the speedometer as it is 1:1 or 1000 cable rev's per mile the same as the original speedometer.
    If you need a speedometer cable made up just PM me or call the shop.

5. coast40

coast40

A good site confirming 34 GAZ,
    Identifying Instrument Panels

The temp should be mechanical with copper wire sender. The fuel will need the correct ohm and voltage sender, and the oil should be mechanical with a tube sender. Be careful with the ammeter. They have been known to burn wiring.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  6. 336ford

336ford
    from Eugene OR

Thanks, guys! And thanks for talking me into buying the panel, coast40. You're a parts guru. I found a nice Pitman arm for the '55 box you gave me. I'll probably run up this weekend for those '36 caps. Maybe I'll find some nice bones.