Register now to get rid of these ads!

*** Stolen 53 Cranbrook *** Help Please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FuelFC, Aug 5, 2006.

1. FuelFC

FuelFC

My freind Jimmy from the Cleveland Ohio area has been ripped off but good. Long story short, bad travelers checks accepted and cashed by bank now show as no good and car is gone.

Background on the fellows who have no idea who they wronged. A man of darker skin driving an Escalade with temp tag from Texas with trailer picked it up in the Cleveland area for the alleged purchaser.

Phone numbers used were from Arlington and DFW area. The thought is the car was coming to Texas. Also Fulton New York was mentioned and that is where the mailing of the title was to be. So it could be out that way too.

I will offer safe passage to the upstanding indiviual who shows up with the money in cash owed or the car. And only the one individual who comes forward.

A very gentle word of warning: There are lots of nomadic type "associates" on motorcycles looking out for Jimmy, this piece, his money and they are NOT happy.

My friend wants his money or car back.

PM me with any details and we will go forward from there.

A donation to the HAMB will be made in the recovery of this vehicle or the money.

Attached Files:

2. stovbolt

stovbolt

and then we wonder why
    "in god we trust all others pay cash"

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

shouldn't be hard to spot. Same thing happened to a friend 5 or so years ago. Bank took cashiers check and called him 2 days later saying he passed a bad check to them. Took a while to straighten it out...

Best of luck to your friend. I don't know if it will come through my area, but I'll alert the troops.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

what day did this happen?? that may help figger how far away the person is....was this person black, mexican, iranian??most of the world has darker skin...its not racest to say what nationality the person was...might also help find them..not that theres a caddy whelding a chopped dodge every five feet. but this guy might like to run his mouth and it will help to maybe ring bells....sorry to here bout your buddys luck!!!:mad: ...travelers checks are a VERY bad idea!!!!
    how do these people sleep at night???:mad:

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Just a thought.......

I bet that the car is on its way to New York and the person bought the Escalade with bad money in Texas and are driving back to NY. Did he get a drivers license number or any other contact info? Also, he may be at the "Nat's" this weekend in Louisville trying to "flip" the car. Just me thinking out loud. Also, I hope that he has not yet mailed the title. If he did, post the addy here or repost looking for New York HAMBer's.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

6. 19thBreakdown

19thBreakdown

I've heard of scams like this on ebay. If they were going to NY or TX, the car will probably be on a ship overseas really soon.

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

we had this happen at our shop ,.when we gave checks to the bank we had the manager sign off on the transaction. 2 wkkes later they call and tell us the checks where bad , but the bank had cover it.we gave them all the contact info ,e-mails involved.....we have to deal with allot of over sea's out of country customers....

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

we need HAMBers to patrol the ports...

9. FuelFC

FuelFC

Was trying to be somewhat nice for this deal.

Driver was black.

I know travelers checks bad idea. So does Jimmy now.

Jimmy's verbage;

July 12th, I sold a '53 Plymouth Cranbrook...it wasn't the typical car, had a 7 inch chopped top, pancaked hood, so low you could barely fit a pack of Lucky Strikes between the frame and the rockers.

The guys name is Wesley Davis

Some words of wisdom from some "friends" for Wesley
    "Three people can keep a secret if the other two are....(think Wes)" "When in doubt, knock em out"

10. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

has the title been mailed?

11. FuelFC

FuelFC

Oh you just had to ask didn't you. Ahh yeah.

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

fuck nice!!:mad: some asshole stole your buddy's car!!!!why are you typin this guy here??im sure he's never even heard of the HAMB!! and id guess no one he knows has heard of it either..but hopefully he will find out soon enough about the power of HAMB!!so it was takin july 12th???my guess is you r hosed bother!!!thats 3 weeks old!!!:eek: :eek: maybe youll get lucky

13. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

thats sucks! i would at least get ahold of the police in that area.give them the info ..cant hurt..for that matter we might have hambers that know the area.put the addy out....

14. FuelFC

FuelFC

Yeah he has heard of the HAMB. Who pissed in your corn flakes?

He was turned on to it by Cole Foster. He has lurked here for a long time. Just kind of busy with a few things. OK with you?

He is a little tied up with a road job working on a Funny Car team if you need to know.

And he is feeling the power of the HAMB by a freind looking out for a friend.

Thanks for your help.

WTF?

15. Gumpa

Gumpa

That is a real nice car and I don't know what I can do up here on the Washington Coast except keep my eyes open and I will be doing that. Gumpa

16. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

what was the address in NY that the titled was mailed? did you already confirm whether it was a PO box kinda place or not? If a residence or business, a visit needs to be made. If a PO box kinda place, i'd start with a phone call.

As far as the phone numbers from TX.... if you've got them, they can be tracked back to an owner with some work-- even if disconnected now.

Good luck getting the car back.

-scott noteboom

17. 53burb

53burb

I think you are doing the right thing about going out ot all avenues to get this out to those that are on here. HAMB'rs unite and help out a fellow one. If this thing pops up anywhere, it will be seen. There is no such thing as a perfect crime until ya get caught. I always deal with a cash only transaction and wait if it is a bank check or any forms of one for it to clear. Then give the item it is that they the buyer is getting. Hope ya get it back. I love old mopars that is why I have 2 myself! KNUX!

18. 53burb

53burb

I agree with NOTEBOOM. There is always a paper trail that one always sets themselves up with! KNUX!

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

sorry man:eek: i feel like a dildo!!! i thought you meant the guy who stole the cars name was wesley!!!!i misread it..so...everthing i said was aimed at the bad guy here!!!!not your friend!!! sorry for the mishap!!!:eek: if you guys think it is goin to NY. maybe try to get ahold of that lowerider crew on layinlow.com..they may here of somethin...
    once again man..sorry!!!

20. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

I will keep an eye out for it up here.

Dawg

21. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

How long has the title been mailed?
    Get to the address it was sent even if its been a while check around ask questions see who comes in to pick up mail or see if its an apartment whos renting etc etc.
    Bust heads if you have to I know I would.

22. lolife

lolife

Whose name was written on the travelers checks?

What was the approx. age of the thief?

I doubt this is going on a boat. It's probably already changed hands in another sale to someone who has no clue what is going on. He's going to be just as pissed when the cops come and impound it.

I'd hire a private detective. The cops are burried in murders, arson and rapes. I called the OK State police, and they don't even work cars over 20 years old, unless you tell them there's a dead body in the trunk, and there better be a dead body in the trunk.

23. dchapmansr

dchapmansr
    from Katy, TX

It’s very possible that the shipping lines are in New York. The shipping lines need title in their possession and it attachéd to the other documentation to ship a vehicle out of country and it must go thur custom then checked for stolen. It may ship out of TX or LA., I would notify customs with pictures.

24. Well, it won't be shipped out of Fulton NY - Fulton is roughly halfway between Syracuse and Oswego. Oswego is a port city, but the big ships that go overseas don't dock there - it's on Lake Ontario.

The problem you have is if that car hits New York, its about a 5 minute job to swap another serial number tag on the doorjam, and stupid easy to come up with a clear registration. There's lots of 53-4 Plymouths in junkyards if you know where to look and a guy could go in claiming he was looking for some other kind of car parts and pocket the tag. The guy could literally hide this in a garage somewhere while he gets a clear NY registration for it and then re-sell it here in the US if he wanted. If you want to make up a flyer with the details and e-mail it to me in MS-word format, I could hand them out at the car shows in case it does turn up here. And I could probably find out if that Fulton address is real, if it's a street address -

Oh yeah. I've sold about three 50's Mopar ragtops to guys in Sweden. NY never used titles, and none of these had any paperwork - they all got the cars into containers and on a boat, no problem.

25. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Kill 'um, kill 'um all, and their young, too, lest they replicate!

That's one killer lookin Mopar. I'll be eyein the SoCal landscape for it.

Swankey Devils C.C.

26. kermit

kermit
    from WI

Let's help catchem' and nutem'....then we wont have to worry about replication. Assholes like this deserve to die. Period.
    KERMIT :mad:

27. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

if this son of a bitch rolls through arlington, my city, and i catch him his ass is grass.

thieves piss me off like no other. sorry to read this shit... DAMNIT.

28. Zoo York

Zoo York
    from Zoo York

Davis, Wesley
    1990 New Scotland Rd,
    Slingerlands, NY 12159-9719
    (518) 439-4750

Davis, Wesley
    184 Covert St,
    Brooklyn, NY 11207-1214
    (718) 453-7849

Davis, Wesley
    125 Cooper St,
    Accord, NY 12404-6200
    (845) 626-4323

Davis, Wesley
    10180 Payne Ave,
    Lyndonville, NY 14098-9727
    (585) 765-9525
    I'll keep a eye peeled over here. That's why we call it Zoo York, We have all types here..

29. riffraff

riffraff
    from Cleveland

Thanx everyone for lookin out and especially to FuelFC for posting for me....heres some more info, i cashed the checks and a week later the bank said they were counterfiet....i cashed the checks and 2 days later mailed the title because the bank said everything was kool. All phone numbers are either non working or disconnected but im gonna post em here along with addresses in hopes something might happen.

The main guys name is Wesley Davis...thats the name he gave me and i never met him, only talked to him on the phone. The title was sent to:

Wesley Davis
    p.o. box 3301740
    Fulton, New York

The only # i had for him is 214-701-3182
    ...on the checks, the handwriting is hard to make out but now that im lookin at em (copies from the feds) the name looks like it says Wesley Carter??
    the address on the checks says:
    3346 st route 5
    Fulton, New York

The guy that picked it up was supposedly a "hired" delivery person that hauls cars....he was a black male, about 6'6" 240 lbs.....driving a black Caddy Escalade pickup....30 day tag from Texas (why i didnt write a plate # i dont know....didnt think i was gettin' burned!)....the seats inside the caddy were white or a lt grey leather that looked like 'gator skin texture. The trailer was about 26' black flatbed, didn't have a plate and was a tandem axle tilt deck. The # i got from "Patrick" (the name he gave me) has also been disconnected, but its 817-323-2970.

My local Police is involved along with the FBI (because of the counterfeit thing), but everyone has said don't hold your breath.

I have many "family" members out there who are looking for me too....if you don't understand, read FuelFC's first post and think about it for a minute, you'll figure it out!!!

If anyone comes across anything, you can PM me or leave me an email, [email protected]

Thanx!!!

30. Zoo York

Zoo York
    from Zoo York

Wesley Carter
    341 Pleasant St
    Troy, NY 12182-1311
    Phone: (518) 235-5929

Both those numbers are from texas.
    I'll run the numbers on monday. Even though it's disconnected I can still track who had the number last.As long as it's a land line not a cell phone.Working for MaBell has it's perks..