Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical cheap bucket seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mario p herrera, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Mario p herrera

Mario p herrera

Exactly my problem living in so cal the junkyards are picked cleaned real quick and anybody who posted stuff on line here wants an arm and a kidney forget the leg

2. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I have been rear-ended (How do you fail to see a 3/4 ton IH pickup?), I now run high back buckets in all my vehicles.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...er-sport-seat/ust0/fml100?q=racing+seat&pos=0

1975 IH Scout II - Lots of interstate miles - Sold

1986 Ford F-150 with 4bt Cummins conversion - 37 states and still driving it - Had to open the seat back up and free a stuck cable in the tilt-forward mechanism (after about 8 years of use). Lead Ain"t Dead 2019 (parked ti out of sight).

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/70240/10002/-1

Appears to be the same seat, caught it on a sale. In the 1962 Volvo custom - only 4 states so far - Lead Ain't Dead 2020. Planing on 2021 !!!!

NOTE: "Simulated leather" is not hot weather friendly. I recommend fabric seat covers - plan on wearing the seat covers out every few years.

Russ

alanp561 and Mario p herrera like this.
  3. Those seats cost me an afternoon in the shop and some scrap tin. bent over a telephone pole. Granted I did have a bead roller and tipping dies for the edges but the same could be done with hammer and dolly. a short search shows Moss motors gets a grand for the same thing. The seat foam I used was salvaged out of the back seat in my old Trooper. Just be creative
    https://mossmotors.com/mgt-custom-bucket-seats-pair [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Not having a cel phone afforded my seats.

Mario p herrera and seb fontana like this.
  5. I remember paying to see speedway’s neat museum, but it was a while ago, so in my mind buy where it is most convenient or cheapest. I pick up decent seats at the side of the road, have a couple pair in inventory. My kid is going to hate me, on second thought he might already. New beetle seats are comfortable, available in leather and quite adjustable- all mechanical, pull the headrests and cover the holes with a piece that accents your interior. Off you go. I can understand no seat belts etc, can’t quite get behind fiberglass cafeteria chairs in a street car, might as well bolt down a milk crate.

Mario p herrera and Budget36 like this.
  6. gene-koning

gene-koning

$40 for the pair. Pull the arm rests off, pull the head rest, add a set of seat tracks and mounting brackets. If you don't like the material upholstery, recover them. About the same shape as the old D100 seats with a higher backrest.

Attached Files:

alanp561 and Mario p herrera like this.
  7. goldmountain

goldmountain

Two recommendations for Miata seats. I own a Miata but I think the seats would look terrible in a hot rod.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

9. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

IMG_0785.JPG Kinda hard to get a good pic of the seats in my '26 T coupe. They fit perfectly. Door to door. Out of a 2001 Honda Civic. Nice square back. They do have removable headrests. I was even able to use the sliders. Bought a set of custom fitted seat covers off the internet for $300. Seats were free from a buddy whose son totaled his Civic.

Mario p herrera and alanp561 like this.
  10. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

I need seats for my 31 Tudor. There’s a mg roadster in my local pic a part, they are trashed but I could put new foam and upholstery on them. A cheaper option I am also looking at is new seats from scat. They are priced right , just not sure they will fit well. Definitely would like a low back that will recline and tilt forward.

Mario p herrera likes this.
  11. Perfect example of why modern seats just look wrong in an early car.

stanlow69 likes this.
  12. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Careful posting photos of seats out of newer cars, that's a good way to get the thread locked (as has happened in other seat threads before). Anything with a high back, head rests, arm rests, etc are verboten, please don't post them.

stanlow69 likes this.
  13. Usually when people talk about threads getting closed it brings it to the attention of the mods, so ixneh on locking threads.

Mario p herrera likes this.
  14. I bought these used so they were reasonably priced, I put them in my 41 Chevy p/u.
    They came out of a Factory Five cobra and Factory Five does sell them separately.

Screenshot_20210420-002122_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210420-000431_Gallery.jpg