Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1941 Chevy Special Deluxe Coupe Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Zack Methvin, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

This was the day I bought mine at a swap meet:
    [​IMG]

gsnort and Zack Methvin like this.
  2. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

I was thinking of only using the rear springs and rear end on the back. Would that be doable? For the front, I would fab that clip to my original frame. I enjoy the building and fabricating portion so it is no problem for me to take on. I just cannot afford to install a Mustang II setup and finding a donor Mustang II front end around here is impossible and when I have seen some for sale, they are stupid in price. So, I guess I'm left with this option or keep the stock stuff which I really rather not do. Hmmmm, much thinking still to do, LOL.

3. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Looks like it was in good shape then. These cars are hard to find in decent shape anymore.

4. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

I get that you want to do the fab work, you might take a look at welder series products if you want to do things yourself. They have a “you weld it” crossmember for the OT mii suspension. As far as the rear springs, I was going to install camaro/nova type springs on mine but they were too long and would have interfered with the rear mounted fuel tank. I wound up with a TCI rear leaf set up and installed an explorer 8.8.

Zack Methvin likes this.
  5. cshades

cshades
    from wi

i have a 41 coupe. i would strongly suggest not clipping it even if you are good at it. the unmentionable ot front end would be a much better, easier and better looking in the long run. done right these cars are great for long distance running. i built mine in 2001 and have about 40000 miles on it.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      303.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      270.6 KB
      Views:
    gsnort, CME1 and Zack Methvin like this.
  6. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

GORGEOUS CAR!!!!!

So you left the entire front suspension in tact?

7. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Thanks, I will check out the welder series stuff. At the least I am thinking I will change out the rear with a 8.8" for sure.

8. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

Zack Methvin likes this.
  9. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

10. cshades

cshades
    from wi

no. has the ot mii front suspension. 70s camaro rear axle on chassis engineering spring kit

Zack Methvin likes this.
  11. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Oh sorry, gotcha!

12. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Your engine is a 216 C I and it has babbett bearings. So do the 261 engines and I think the 292's. The 235 had insert bearings with the power glides in 53 ad all later models had the insert bearings.
    When I did my 46 I wanted it to be different so I did the hot rod 6 engine so I would not be different like everyone else with the V8's. With the hood raised at car shows that hot rod 6 draws a crowd.
    Jimmie

Shadow Creek and Zack Methvin like this.
  13. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

after you pull the front end off and can see the frame you will see what everyone will tell you . it dosnt lend its self to a clip very well . ive done several ,and planned to use the nova clip i had , but after looking and mesureing it wouldnt work right . there are dropped spindles ,and with one coil off the springs .you can get it down where it looks good . any clip will put the ties out to far to turn unless your up to stock height . pix are with 2 coils cut . 2 is to many, ask me how i know . but 1 and the dropped spindles should even be a little lower than it is . tires are g 78 -15 on stock wheels , no offset DSCF5381.JPG DSCF5382.JPG DSCF5383.JPG

Zack Methvin likes this.
  14. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

Looks great!!! I definitely like the lowered in the front look. It appears from the pictures that my car has 6 lugs in the rear and 5 in the front. Not sure what that is about yet but seems kinda strange to me.

15. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

they were born with 6 lugs but i think everything from a 49 up is a 5 lug bolt on . never did it myself . my plans are for a disc conversion . the stock brakes are fine unless someone pulls out in frnt of you . or you blow a hydro leak .

16. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

If you decide to maintain the stock suspension just rebuild it, check out ECI brakes. They have kits for this car

https://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/early_chevy_discbrake_conversions.html

17. PM'd you with details...

18. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

ok fellas, mustang 2 IFS and late model subframe clips are off topic here.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.